An outstanding opportunity exists for a designer to join one of the fastest growing brands in Europe and play a key part in taking an award-winning range into the next decade. The successful candidate will posses outstanding creative skills and a proven ability in delivering designs from conceptual stage through to finished product.
- Conducting design research by visiting trade fairs, exhibitions and retail customers.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to develop seasonal range plans.
- Innovating & designing products taking into account development briefs, factory capabilities, target price points and brand.
- Sourcing & development of fabrics, trims and components
- Development and integration of colour palettes on a seasonal basis in collaboration with other product areas
- Follow the critical path for each season's collection and meeting agreed timelines.
- Production of detailed CAD illustrations and technical drawings for use in specifications, product marketing and other media.
- Working with the equipment technologist to help resolve size and functionality issues & formulate product specifications.
- Working closely with suppliers in the development of finished products.
- Work on special SMU projects for retail partners and distributors as required
- To develop additional aspects of the product including brand and care labels as necessary in collaboration with other product categories
- An understanding of technical performance product construction is essential.
- An understanding of competitor products and the needs of active users is essential.
- Experience of working with factories in the development of prototypes is essential.
- A high level of competency in the use of Adobe Illustrator or relevant programmes, including 3D CAD
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to travel throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a strong team player.
- An active interest in outdoor sports such as hill-walking, climbing or mountaineering is essential.
- An understanding of the UK & European outdoor market is essential
- Design qualification to degree level or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience working with a leading outdoor or similar sports brand.
This is a full time position offering a competitive salary and based at our head office in Greater Manchester.
Please send applications to: Louisa.firstname.lastname@example.org