After a very successful guided trip to Pabbay last May I am organising a week to the neighbouring island of Mingulay. Situated in one of the wildest corners of the UK, much like Pabbay, Mingulay is a sea cliff climbers dream. It features 100m high sea cliffs, perfect rock, and amazing wildlife.
The week is being run myself (Aspirant IFMGA Mountain Guide) and Tim Neill (IFMGA Mountain Guide).
Due to a cancellation I now have two places available. If you are interested in coming along please get in touch.
- Previous experience of multi pitch climbing, ideally in a sea cliff environment.
- A good head for heights, and the ability to deal with exposure.
- To be happy seconding E1 5b/f6a+.
- Good hill fitness.
- 6 days of guiding on Mingulay, and all guides' expenses.
- 2 days training at Gogarth (22-23 April).
- Hostel accommodation in Oban on Friday 6 May.
- Ferry crossing from Oban to Barra.
- The crossing from Barra to Mingulay on the Boy James.
- All food while on Mingulay
What's not included:
- Travel to/from Oban.
- Travel to/from North Wales.
- Accommodation in North Wales.
- Evening meal in Barra, Thursday 12 May.
- Evening meal in Oban, Friday 6 May
Cost £2000 per person on a 1:2 ratio, or £3700 on a 1:1 ratio.