He speed soloed the Colton-Macintyre route on the Grandes Jorasses in a ridiculous 2 hours and 20 minutes. His record for the Eiger North Face is 2 hours and 47 minutes and his record for the North face of the Matterhorn is a mind bending 1 hour and 56 minutes. Less than 2 hours!
UKC contributor, professional photographer and all-round good bloke Jon Griffith puffed and panted his way up the Grandes Jorasses with Steck just a few days after the ascent. He captured some stunning photographs and also filmed Steck in action. Jon wasn't there on the day of the actual speed solo.
- You can find out more about Ueli's ascent of the Colton Macintyre in this full detailed account: Alpine Exposures
Watch the video:
UKC would like to thank Jon Griffith for this video.
- SKILLS: Building Fast Belays When Multipitch Sport Climbing 9 Nov, 2016
- SKILLS: Abseil Knots Explained 2 Oct, 2016
- FEATURE: Colm Shannon's Deserted DWS Heaven - Irish West Coast 7 Aug, 2016
- SKILLS: Acclimatising for the European Alps 5 Jun, 2016
- Terra Unfirma! Adventures on the Lleyn Peninsula 1 Jun, 2016
- VIDEO: Fiesta De Los Biceps 8 May, 2016
- REVIEW: Evolv Shaman 2016 18 Mar, 2016
- REVIEW: Doug Scott - Up and About 2 Feb, 2016
- ARTICLE: 12 Climbing Adventures That Won't Break The Bank 26 Jan, 2016
- DESTINATION GUIDE: 10 Routes to Climb in Chamonix in Winter 20 Jan, 2016