UKC

Minion front/rear question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 21 Jul 2023

Im currently using a Maxxis Minion on the front and aggressor at the back of my hardtail, which is pretty good, but the aggressor isnt as good when it gets wet dirty and cold, I find it lacking in climbing traction on tech stuff. Would a DHF be better on there for autumn and winter? I did run a DHRII for a while on the rear and although it climbed fairly well I found it too draggy for general riding.

Post edited at 15:46
 jbell 22 Jul 2023
In reply to The Potato:

I think a DHF would have as much if not more rolling resistance than the DHR ii. If you want to stay with Maxxis, a couple of good in between options might be a Dissector or a High Roller ii. You could also try a slightly harder compound if you think those will still have too much resistance.

OP The Potato 22 Jul 2023
In reply to jbell:

my understanding was that the dhf rolled faster than the dhrII and that the HRII rolled slower than the DHRII.

Pglossop 22 Jul 2023
In reply to The Potato: We have Aggressor and Minion on various wheels in the family for fast summer conditions (mildly enduro racing). Lazily, I’ve left DHR front and back on mine, which is confidence inspiring, although slower where you need to pedal. 

echo34 22 Jul 2023
In reply to The Potato:

Michelin Wild Enduro front and rear, the best tyres I’ve used! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...