UKC

Hawkstones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ronaldjprice 20 Jun 2010
Any information about Hawkstones?
 iainpowell 20 Jun 2010
In reply to ronaldjprice: Hawkstones near the bridestones, todmorden? If so last i heard, mega access issues there... someone will know more than me though i bet!
In reply to iainpowell:

That's Hugencroft. And access is a lot better nowadays.
 shaun stephens 22 Jun 2010
In reply to bentley's biceps: hawkstones and huegencroft one and the same
In reply to shaun stephens:

New one on me!
Access is a lot better nowadays following CROW- there's signs at the crag specifying access arrangements, access paths etc.

http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/problem.html?id=hugencroft__sign#photo
OP ronaldjprice 22 Jun 2010
In reply to ronaldjprice: Thanks all, I took a walk up there looking for the yellow path & markers gave up! after passing the rifle range and a strange guy hanging out of a tin building waving a toilet roll, telling me that the odd looking Ariel/radar array was the property of Manchester airport and I was unwelcome...area 51?
may venture back with an os map and a gps.
 shaun stephens 24 Jun 2010
In reply to bentley's biceps: not sure how the fact that you dont know somewhere by its name then equates to you showing a photo that supports this fact,then go on to talk about the place as though you know it. confused
In reply to shaun stephens:

I know the place, but have never climbed there. Been a local to the Kebs for many years, and always knew the place as Hugencroft. Until this thread I hadn't heard it called Hawkstones, but knew there was a new access sign- then when I linked it I noticed the dual name.

Confused?
steve webster 25 Jun 2010
In reply to bentley's biceps:
isn't hawkstones an outcrop below bridstones.i think jorden buys did some stuff there.
In reply to steve webster:

Jordan did Something Under the Bed is Growling and some other stuff, on some outcrops above the Scout Hut. He told me where but I've never been. Don't think it's even named. Keeg may know.

In reply to bentley's biceps:

Sorry, Drooling not Growling.
 shaun stephens 26 Jun 2010
In reply to steve webster: hawkstones is across the road from brideys above burnley road

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...