UKC

Albarracin without a car

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 crimpsoplenty 01 Dec 2017
Anyone managed this? I have a free week in jan and am a bit reluctant to rent a car as my driving can only be described as "poor at best". I've had a quick look and it seems cella is reachable by public transport and a taxi on from there but would I be stuck when I got there in terms of getting around bouldering areas?

Any advice welcome or indeed other destinations

HeMa 01 Dec 2017
In reply to crimpsoplenty:

It’s doable. But a rather long uphill slog in the morning.

Some other locales might be better.

Shouldn't be a problem at all. There are so many folk staying in the village and driving to the crag each day, you would very easily be able to hitch a ride, tag along with groups and then arrange a lift back.You could perhaps stash pads out there too to make it easier to hitch to and from, for the week. Best option would be to walk to the climbing shop in town and hitch from there I would imagine. Do it.
 mrchewy 01 Dec 2017

Last winter, there were more than a few people stayed at Sandstone Guesthouses without a car and they managed fine. Obviously you'd have to fit in with when other people head up to the boulders but it's doable. A few of us sleep in vans in the main village parking, you could ask there for a lift or perhaps go to La Zahora, the climber's bar of an evening.

Kelvin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...