UKC

Cheap campsite N Wales or York Moors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frankie boy 08 Sep 2020

I know there's a similar thread about the lakes but I was wondering exactly the same thing for a trip to North Wales or the North York Moors. Given the current events I figured I'd avoid upsetting locals by not posting overnight in lay-bys etc and Go into a campsite, however it seems often the price of the campsite is ridiculous when all I plan on doing it's parking up, sleeping then leaving in the morning. Whatever happened to good old cheap farmer's fields?

JoshShaw 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Frankie boy:

"Whatever happened to good old cheap farmer's fields?"

People saw that you could make decent money with a little investment...

To answer your question, in North Wales I use this place: Cae Gwyn Campsite. In Nant Peris. Really good location, often very quiet and the owner is friendly. £10 a night for 1 person + tent + car.

Post edited at 14:09
 Jenny C 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Frankie boy:

Dolgam in Capel Curig is my place of choice.

They have done a lot to improve facilities! Not been since last year when prices increased to £6/person a night with hookups available of required. Hot showers and spotlessly clean but still very much catering to outdoor people rather than family campers. 

Thanks to current restrictions I belive you do need to prebook. 

Mark Haward 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Frankie boy:

As you leave Llanrug towards Caernarfon ( 10 minutes from Llanberis ) there is the Challoner campsite. £5 per person per night. Showers, toilets, electric if needed. Sue, the owner,is lovely.

OP Frankie boy 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Mark Haward:

Thanks, I'll have a look into them.

Nice to see a few campsites still exist that don't want your house in return for sleeping in their field.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...