UKC

Hampi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sonthedon 21 Aug 2023

Hi people!

Im looking for up to date info on Hampi. I’ve heard that 2-3 years ago the accommodation on the island was demolished for other developments. So wondering what the best accommodation options currently are, any other good destination beta and whether there are any serious points to consider which have come into effect following the demolishment business. Like logistics mainly.

thanks

seankenny 21 Aug 2023
In reply to Sonthedon:

There are loads of Indian climbers on Instagram these days who would probably be able to help. 

jack_44 21 Aug 2023
In reply to Sonthedon:

I can't be much help, but I know goan corner was a previously popular accommodation  choice and it has since relocated from the island. They're on Facebook, so can be contacted through there. 

I'm looking to go this winter, so was going to contact them closer to the time.

Jus 21 Aug 2023
In reply to Sonthedon:

Not sure what the situation with the old island that was demolished. There was talk of a posh hotel being built or something. I do know that the Goan Corner has relocated though. Sharmilla's new place is here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064104032624

Godwin 25 Aug 2023
In reply to Sonthedon:

I was there in February and stopped in the village and just out side, and much preffered just outside, we are talking a couple of hundred metres here.

Spent a day with a nice bloke called sonny/ sunny who has Matt's and shoes, and he seemed fine to me.

You cross the river to the bouldering and one day on trip out I went to a camp full of Israelis, which was really nice, way upmarket to anything in the Bazzar area, but I have no idea how far from the bouldering, when I am back in the UK on a laptop I could try and suss it out, but if returning I would consider there

The rock is really sharp on you fingers, does not look it but it is.

The archeological stuff is worth a day, and my top tip would be go to the museum very first to get a sense of perspective and hire a tuk tuk for the day. Do not by a brochure at the temple as they are a tenth the price at the museum.

When I was there early Feb it was starting to get hotter, so I would go before then.

Incredible place 

OP Sonthedon 27 Aug 2023
In reply to Sonthedon:

Sweet, cheers guys! Gives me a little to work on. Might see you there Jack 👍🏻

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...