UKC

Spanish climbing in summer?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TParker22 31 Jan 2020

Hello,

Anyone have any recommendations for climbing in Spain in summer? If there is any!

Thought of Picos de Europa. But would like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Ramon Marin 31 Jan 2020
In reply to TParker22:

Rodellar or asturias?

Emilio Bachini 31 Jan 2020
In reply to TParker22:

Desplomilandia or  Poza de la Mona, get up early, climb till midday or early afternoon and then run away when the sun appears to a bar, preferably one that sells very cold beer and by a lake, drink beer and go for a swim. 

AJM 31 Jan 2020
In reply to TParker22:

We did Montserrat early June last year. Seems to catch a breeze  especially on multipitch and there's some shady stuff

Alfrede 31 Jan 2020
In reply to TParker22: Depends what kind of climbing you want! The Pyrenees offer hundreds of fine mountain rock routes. if you are looking for bolted rock then many areas in Asturias can offer shade in summer. 

Mick B 31 Jan 2020
In reply to TParker22:

I'm in Costa Blanca at the moment and talking with the locals they manage to get climbing on the higher, North facing crags pretty much right through the summer.

Would be way too hot for me though.

John Cuthbert 31 Jan 2020
In reply to TParker22:

Huesca, Rodellar, Cantabrica, and the Pyrenees have a huge number of areas at their best in the summer 

Rodellar aside, few of these are frequented by Brits, or covered in Brit guidebooks. I plan tom be there late summer, so get in touch if you want more detailed info..

John C

LeeWood 01 Feb 2020
In reply to TParker22:

The Cavallers season starts in May and lasts through till Nov. Everything you could want - single and multipitch sectors galore, easy access starting at 1800m. And if you ever wear that out Travessany zone up the valley is just 2hrs walk away with similar presentation of choice / range

silhouette 01 Feb 2020
In reply to TParker22:

Yes I'd go with the consensus and say Asturias / Cantabria.  Better if you have a car;  two years ago we were there in July, it actually got a bit rainy and we moved south to Leon, which was not too hot as long as we had a siesta.  Unbelievably cheap and good food to eat out too, with the locals.

John Cuthbert 01 Feb 2020
In reply to LeeWood:

I'm absolutely with Lee; Cavallers is amazing.

JC 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...