UKC

insurances

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Monica 29 Nov 2017
Hi.
Next January we are going to hike up to mount Kenya. I am looking for insurance but I can no decide. Could anyone give me some advice?
Thanks
 Trangia 29 Nov 2017
In reply to MonicaOnTheRope:

Presumably you've tried the BMC? And/or the Austrian Alpine Club?

Have you asked your tour operator who they recommend?
OP Monica 29 Nov 2017
In reply to Trangia:

Thanks for the advice. We are not going with a operator. I was looking to the BMC but will look the other one as well.
 Sealwife 29 Nov 2017
In reply to MonicaOnTheRope:

Snowcard?

On a recent trip I went for BMC insurance, and some of my friends went with Snowcard. We all experienced different travel related delays on the way home, as far as I know my friends made a quick and easy claim over the phone with Snowcard. My experience with BMC has been far from straightforward. BMC insurance is actually dealt with by a company called Fogg Travel Insurance Services and they've not been at all helpful and, almost a month after returning, I've still not got them to even acknowledge they've received a claim from me, despite phone calls, emails and written documentation. Not impressed at all.

However, I am at home, I'm not unwell or injured and not significantly out of pocket. Perhaps they'd get their finger out a bit more urgently if I really, really needed their help, but tbh my experience has put me off going with them again.
Alex Messenger, BMC 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Sealwife:

Hi

Sorry to hear that. One of the benefits of BMC insurance is that whilst claims are made through our insurers, you can always contact the BMC office too.

Could you contact jim@thebmc.co.uk / 0161 438 3319 with all the details, and he'll look into it for you.
 Sealwife 30 Nov 2017
In reply to Alex Messenger, BMC:

Alex, I'll have one more go at contacting Fogg Insurance myself, if no joy, I'll contact Jim as you suggested. Thanks for your help.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...