UKC

Kukova Spica to Skrlatica ridge - any info?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mikefergy 18 Apr 2023

The ridge traverse from Kukova Spica to Skrlatica looks interesting based on the description in Popular Climbing Routes in Slovenia, but I'm struggling to find any more information about it, and the route description is a bit vague. It seems to be technically easy (generally II to III), but complex, long and exposed. Does anyone have any experience of it, links to route descriptions, trip reports, etc, they can share? We're considering it for late June / early July. Thanks!

Toerag 19 Apr 2023
In reply to mikefergy:

Is it in the Walking in Slovenia Cicerone guidebook? Might be snowy at that time of year possibly (I can't remember how high it is)?

OP mikefergy 19 Apr 2023
In reply to Toerag:

No. Skrlatica is in that book, but just by the normal walking / via ferrata route. This ridge sounds like it's roughly AD (with rock pitches up to III or maybe IV).

I think you're right about snow (it's around 2700m up and apparently holds snow well into summer).

d_b 21 Apr 2023
In reply to mikefergy:

I've looked at the ridge from a distance but have no insight into the climbing.  I agree with the comments about snow.  I've seen significant snow on north facing areas into late July.  It's usually OK in the back half of August/early September.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...