UKC

Marco e Rosa hut phone number

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SOUTHERN GRAY 15 Aug 2023

Hi folks, me and a friend are looking to go up Piz Bernina from the Swiss side this weekend and we're having trouble contacting the Marco e Rosa hut guardian to book beds. Does anyone have an up to date phone number ? Any numbers we've found have been incorrect. Cheers, Graham.

brunoschull 16 Aug 2023
In reply to SOUTHERN GRAY:

I'm afriad I don't have any updated hut information for you--mayve call the Tschierva or Diavolezza hut and ask them if they have a contact?

Two other quick things:

If you're aiming for the Biancagrat it's likely ice this time of year...somewhat more technical tools, some ice screws, and time planning to accomodate pitching parts of the ridge might be reccomended. 

This July, the normal route on the Palu (or the descent if traversing from the Marco e Rosa was in crazy condition...huge unstable seracs, big gaps, labrythine paths...very chaotic and dynamic, in some ways the most objectively dangerous part of the whole Pernina/Palu traverse, and a big contrast to other years I have been there. 

The Go Vertical store/guide center in Pontresina usually has up to date information.

All best.

morvich 16 Aug 2023

Hi

last year I managed to book beds  via the email address from this website with only a couple of days notice. https://www.rifugi.lombardia.it/sondrio/lanzada/rifugio-marco-e-rosa.html

Sounds like descent from Palu has not improved as it was rather interesting last year esp in the lower sections.

enjoy

HardenClimber 25 Aug 2023

Some Italian numbers have a zero as part of the area code (as well as the std signifier). Mobile phone directories can be very persistent in removing it, even when you add it again, which adds a layer of confusion. Also, a few years ago the numbers in the Moran guidebook worked more often than those in some newer guidebooks / websites etc...

philipjardine 26 Aug 2023
In reply to HardenClimber:

wikipedia "Since 1998, the leading 0 of landline numbers has to be included also when calling from abroad, in contrast with the practice in many other countries."

HardenClimber 26 Aug 2023
In reply to philipjardine:

Thi king this through my encounters with this were trying to call Italian numbers from Switzerland....hence the issue about disappearing zeros.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...