UKC

Next summer ideas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 edhawk21 19 Nov 2018

What to do next summer? So im in the situation whereby I have done a couple of alpine trips now and wondering what I should do next? I did a mont blanc course two years ago  and Iv done a couple of other short routes  the last time I  was out. So im thinking probably a course of some kind due to the lack of climbing partners and a prefer more technical climbing to straight snow plods. Any recommendations in terms of ideas and companies? My goal in 5 years is to hit up a tall technical climb like peak pobeda or ama dablam

In reply to edhawk21:

Check out Frost Guiding - I done their Alpine Progression week a few years ago now and learnt loads, really superb setup.

https://www.frostguiding.co.uk/

pec 19 Nov 2018
In reply to edhawk21:

Why don't you try and find some partners with similar experience and ambitions to yourself, or even a little bit more experienced if possible, and do some winter climbing with them to gain some more useful experience and find one you get on with and then go to the Alps with them?

Mark Haward 19 Nov 2018
In reply to edhawk21:

Are there any local climbing clubs near you? A club can be a great way to find partners and join on trips. Advertise on UKC for partners is another option. Otherwise there are some great courses out there. ISM, Jagged Globe and Icicle are some of the options.

Have fun.

OP edhawk21 21 Nov 2018
In reply to Mark Haward:

Iv tried a few times but most clubs don't seem interested in new members . Be nice to find a climbing partner for things such as this but iv been hunting for years and most people either are not as driven as me or have other commitments. This is why I have to do courses/guided trips haha

dunnyg 21 Nov 2018
In reply to edhawk21:

If your logbook is up to date id consider getting more routes under your belt, both in the uk and abroad. Partners wise for stuff in the uk facebook groups for local stuff or ukc have worked for me. For abroad chamonix can be a good place to pick up partners. Ive only ever done the conville course so cant comment on how useful they are. If you have the money I can't imagine it wont be useful. 

PeterBlackler 23 Nov 2018
In reply to edhawk21:

There's lots of ideas and advice on https://verticalfrontiers.com/ (they are mountain guides in Chamonix)

Ben Bradford is a very helpful and knowledgeable chap; so you could have a chat with him on what you're aiming to do

BR

Peter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...