UKC

Suggestions for August expedition to Bavaria / Austria (not Stubai)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CT74 07 Mar 2022

Hi,

Looking for suggestions for quiet alpine regions in the Bavaria / Austria. Looking to run an expedition in August for a party of up to maybe twenty people. Ideally, an area with a range of accommodation types i.e. huts, camping etc and a variety of activities.

Thank you.

wbo2 08 Mar 2022
In reply to CT74: Experience level?

cb294 08 Mar 2022
In reply to CT74:

Expedition to Bavaria sounds weird. Will you bring glass beads for us poor natives?

CB

jimtitt 08 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

The culture shock will provide years of scholarly research though! Lucky Bavaria is deserted in August I suppose.......

Dave Rumney 08 Mar 2022
In reply to CT74:

If it’s an expedition have you considered applying for funding from the MEF? 😀

On a more helpful note, I think you’re more likely to get better responses if you’re more specific on what activities your thinking of and likely competency levels of the participants.

cb294 08 Mar 2022
In reply to Dave Rumney:

August is core school holidays in Austria and most of Germany, including Bavaria. Also, the pandemic has led to a marked increase in domestic holidays.

The main challenge for the "expedition" will be finding accomodation for 20 people!

Alpine huts? No chance. Campgrounds? If you get lucky and start booking nowish!

CB

tjekel 11 Mar 2022
In reply to cb294:

i think you will get a booking for some 20 people now on alpine club huts. its the uzual timebof the year I do it for groups this size. again, reccommendations are only possible if the OP was more specific.

I usually get places with grades IV-VIII multipitch, some cragging, some via ferrata stuff and some hiking / scrambling. 

cb294 11 Mar 2022
In reply to tjekel:

I would not bet on it this year, though!

CB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...