UKC

Crampons advice - BD clip or pro version?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Matteo3009 27 Jun 2018

Hi, I have the Nepal EVo boots and want to get some crampons. I think the BD sabretooth os the best option due to price. Should I get the clip or the pro version?

i want to use them for glacier travel and ice climbing. 

Just a note that I currently have Grivel G10 classic bindings.

Thanks for any advice

Post edited at 13:54
 CurlyStevo 27 Jun 2018
In reply to Matteo3009:

If one of the fitting is much better than the other then which ever fits your boots the best.  If both fit well enough for you to be happy then I think the clip is a better fitting. It's easier to get on and off and literally can't come off. Also as your soles wear down the pro fitting changes and your front point protrusion reduces. With the clip the doesn't happen. The other advantage is your don't need to worry about your front welt wearing down either.

In reply to Matteo3009:

Did BD figure out that whole cracking stainless steel issue? 

CurlyStevo 27 Jun 2018
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

I don't know how much of a problem this is as you'd think BD would have gone back to the old steel if it was. The SS does blunt a bit faster IMO

Matteo3009 27 Jun 2018
In reply to CurlyStevo: are there any alternatives at same price point that might be better?

In reply to CurlyStevo:

Now I think about it I think I remember reading BD updated the newer models with thicker points. 

Matteo3009 12 Jul 2018
In reply to Matteo3009:

Just an update, purchased a used set of G12s and they were perfect. Thanks for all the suggestions / comments.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...