UKC

REVIEW: Rab Aeon Ultra 28 pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 15 Aug 2023

With a close, well-vented fit and handy on-the-go pockets inspired by running vest design, the Aeon Ultra is a superb summer hill pack whatever pace you're going at, finds Dan Bailey.

Read more

Dark-Cloud 15 Aug 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I just got one of these to use in mountain marathons and lightweight overnights, i really like it but have to say that the chest strap attachment points are utterly useless, it might just be me but as they don't lock they can come unfastened very easily with a bit of upwards pressure.  I was actually going go email Rab about how poor they are and see if i'm missing something

Oh and while i'm at it, unless i'm missing it again, no whistle, also an axe loop would have made it perfect for bigger winter days out in the hills running.

7/10 from me!

Qwertilot 15 Aug 2023

Me & my partner have been using Aeon's as day packs from back when they appeared under the Lowe Alpine brand. Very solid overall as I'm sure this will be.

There's one thing I'm going to gently moan about regarding the results of the move to RAB. LA used to do all of the Aeon's in different back length but they're now all just one back length, but with a slightly wider range instead.

This whole thing of having a million different variants but minimal sizing differences is seen in a lot of places these days, and it is a tiny bit tiresome.

Presumably it's what sells. Oh well

In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I quite liked the look of this but the issue about the chest straps turns up in several user reviews - it’s not just you. 

In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

Funny, it's not something I've had happen

You could almost say it’s perfect for Speed Hiking…

Dark-Cloud 17 Aug 2023
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

That surprises me as mine ping off all the time, I’m going to have to see if I can swap them for a normal buckle

In reply to Dark-Cloud:

The two comments about this on Rab’s website are also the most recent. Maybe it’s a new problem?

Dark-Cloud 18 Aug 2023
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

Not sure but as one of per the other reviewers on the Rab site I'm quite broad so the chest pockets sit quite wide, maybe its an angle thing with the clips

In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Thanks for raising the clip issue. Not something I've noticed myself, but you're clearly not alone so I have added a couple of lines about it to our review. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...