UKC

Reproofing TN Laser Photon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jdxm21 15 Jun 2019

Hi there. 

First time poster. Just looking for some advice on reproofing a Terra Nova Laser Photon 1.  

I’ve had the tent for about 7 years now and it’s holding up well. However, I’ve never reproofed the outer so worried I should at least do something  

Are there any products you’d recommend?

Thanks

David

Dave the Rave 15 Jun 2019
In reply to jdxm21:

I will probably get shot down for this, but I have a TN solar 2 which is 20 years old. 3 years ago I reproofed the outer and groundsheet with fabsil gold. It’s shed water like a ducks back the last two days with no apparent depreciation in breathability.

Welsh Kate 15 Jun 2019
In reply to Dave the Rave:

I'm not gonna shoot you down, it's probably what I'd use myself! You can get a version with UV protection in it (no idea what chemistry goes into it though!)

Dave the Rave 15 Jun 2019
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Thanks. Just looked at the tin and it’s called Fabsil Universal Protector with UV protection. It’s only added to my tents performance so I suppose the chemical element is offset by not buying a second tent

jdxm21 16 Jun 2019

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look at this. 

I spotted this one too which I guess would work:

Nikwax Tent And Gear Solarproof Spray-On Tent Waterproofer - 500ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003DI6ZTQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_u1EbDb89QPPA9

Root1 16 Jun 2019

These treatments are just a Durable Water Repellant, which are anything but durable so will not be effective for very long.

Dave the Rave 16 Jun 2019
In reply to Root1:

> These treatments are just a Durable Water Repellant, which are anything but durable so will not be effective for very long.

How longs not long? I proofed mine over two years ago and it still works.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...