UKC

REVIEW: Sea to Summit Sleep Systems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 28 Apr 2020
It's a thick, comfy mat and a roomy, versatile sleeping bag

Garden camping on lockdown proves the ideal way to test this combination of sleeping bag, mat, and pillow. The emphasis here is on campsite comfort, but it's a setup that would work for occasional backpacking too, says Dan Bailey.

Read more
 phizz4 28 Apr 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Seems like an ideal set up for canoe or sea kayak trips, where bulk rather than weight tends to be the issue.

Emilio Bachini 28 Apr 2020

It seems the only part of a sleeping system I'm missing from S2S is a mat, the other things I've got are all comfortable, light, well designed and look like they'll last me years to come.

I've also got a 2 person hammock, which although likely isn't going to be the first choice for most in terms of a sleeping system, (myself included) it packs down to a small water bottle, has ample room for one person and is great for hanging out on nice sunny days. 

Robert Durran 28 Apr 2020

I was about to have a good rant about the first three sentences of the review, but then I read the fourth one which did it for me, albeit in an admirably measured way.......

Post edited at 10:40
 Durbs 29 Apr 2020

I know there's always someone who complains about the price of technical gear, so today that's me..

£535 for a sleeping system, i.e. a sleeping bag, SIM and inflatable pillow? 

In reply to Durbs:

> I know there's always someone who complains about the price of technical gear, so today that's me..

> £535 for a sleeping system, i.e. a sleeping bag, SIM and inflatable pillow? 

I think spending that amount would actually keep me up at night.. 

misterb 30 Apr 2020
In reply to Mac fae Stirling:

What price can you put on a good night's sleep tho?

Having slept on the mat Dan has reviewed and having owned a few light weight models over the years there is just no comparison in comfort

Inevitably after a days climbing, running or walking I am usually wrecked and waking up multiple times in the night trying to get comfy had been part of camping till I bought one of these. Now I can quite often sleep right through !!!

In reply to misterb:

True enough. I think over £500 may be pushing it a bit though. 

But I have just ordered one of these - https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/competitions/win_therm-a-rest_new_neoair_to...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...