UKC

/ Friend's father missing on Snowdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
stupidgirl45 on 03 Nov 2012 - host86-156-109-116.range86-156.btcentralplus.com
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to UKC (despite lurking under a previous log on for awhile!). Apologies for my first posting being a request for help, I know it's bad form, but a friend of mine's father is missing on Snowdon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-20125465

I know it's a total longshot, but I just thought I'd post on here in case anyone has seen anything or can help at all. I appreciate the chances are minimal but I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks for reading this post.

SG45
Ryan Simpson on 03 Nov 2012 - host81-154-77-185.range81-154.btcentralplus.com
In reply to stupidgirl45: Bump
highclimber - on 03 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: In what way is it bad form to try every avenue to find a missing person? you have done only what anyone else would do. You do not have to apologise.

I unfortunately cannot help in your search other than to hope he returns safely.

All the best.
stupidgirl45 on 03 Nov 2012 - host86-156-109-116.range86-156.btcentralplus.com
Thanks so much for your responses.

His family are so worried about him, I so hope he is found soon

Hopefully someone, somewhere will have seen something....

SG x

highclimber - on 03 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: might be worth emailing the mods of the site to put a news item as this thread will quickly dissappear.

the relevant contact is on this page.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/general/email.html
Dom Whillans on 03 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45:
good luck with the search... happy to bump this to the top of the forum for you.
mattrm - on 03 Nov 2012

He's been missing since the 25th it seems.

I assume that the MRT / SARDA teams are out looking for him, I'm sure they'll find him soon enough, they're very good.
muppetfilter - on 03 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: I hope he is found safe and well, one point I couldn't fathom in the article is that of his distinctive yellow VW Van. Is it missing also and maybe something for people to keep an eye out for ?
JSA - on 04 Nov 2012

Have another bump.
stupidgirl45 on 04 Nov 2012 - host86-156-109-116.range86-156.btcentralplus.com
Hi everyone,

Apologies for disappearing - I have a newborn baby who seems to take up *all* of my time!

Thanks for your bumps - and suggestions. I have contacted the news editor to see if they will put it up as news.

I know that SARDA and NEWSAR have been out looking for him.

His van is distinctive but I don't think he had it with him - he took the train to the summit with his photography equipment - and it seems that his whereabouts after that are a mystery.

Many thanks again for your support, it's much appreciated

Becky/SG45
Joonsy on 04 Nov 2012 - cpc6-sand10-2-0-cust366.16-1.cable.virginmedia.com
In reply to stupidgirl45: bump to keep post visible for you.
Pete Potter - on 04 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: Hi Becky, very worrying I'm sure for all concerned.
I know that Llanberis MRT and SARDA have been actively searching since he was reported missing. I hope this all comes to a conclusion as soon as possible. Saying that if anyone has any information that they feel may be of use then I am sure it would be well received.
mattc - on 04 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: Good luck
Albert Tatlock - on 04 Nov 2012

I assume the police are involved,your friend needs to get the cops to trace his vehicle to the Snowden area,if not get then to check ANPR to see if the vehicle / person has moved. Have they triangulated his mobile phone,accessed his bank account for unusual movement etc.

Not telling your friends / cops how to suck eggs,I am sure the cops have done this already.

Good luck
Slugain Howff - on 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Jonny Rotten:

Mountain rescue in the UK is responsiblity of the police so by default they will already be involved in this search in conjunction with local MR.

S
Albert Tatlock - on 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Slugain Howff:

Including the NPIA / SIO / POLSA, hope the MFH's family get some news soon.

Good Luck
Cameron94 on 04 Nov 2012
In reply to stupidgirl45: Any news?
Hope he is found safe and well!
stupidgirl45 on 05 Nov 2012 - host86-144-147-14.range86-144.btcentralplus.com
Thanks for all your messages, so far no news
As far as i know his van is at the hotel - he took the train to the summit and then...?

will keep you posted

becky
JJL - on 02 Dec 2012

I hope he turned up safely, was there more news?
jim hughes - on 11 Jan 2013
Did the guy ever get found, was he ok?
Simon_Sheff - on 11 Jan 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.