UKC

Joining the climber club

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 hawkridge812 30 Mar 2024

Hi all, 

I’m attempting to join the climbers club and noticed their first aspiring joiners meet is in September. I was hoping to speed the process up a bit… are there any members who climb in London and would fancy meeting up for a climb with the aim of proving my credentials and convincing you I’m a great bloke so you can second me? 

thanks very much 

Harry 

Pedro50 30 Mar 2024
In reply to hawkridge812:

Make sure you call it the Climbers' Club 😀 I'm sure you will be welcome.

mrjonathanr 30 Mar 2024

A quick look at your log book indicates few trad routes led. I'd update it if there's more trad you've not written up and focus on building experience in that area.

spenser 31 Mar 2024

You would need to be able to demonstrate competence leading "adventurous routes", by this I mean multi-pitch routes, sea cliffs with abseil approaches, remote crags with long/ difficult approaches, tidal crags etc etc. The intention being that you can rock up on a meet and go climbing with another member without either of you being subject to the risks of climbing with someone inexperienced. Most members will climb a bit of sport, but the vast majority of routes where you could demonstrate the necessary competencies in the UK are Trad routes.

mike lawrence? 31 Mar 2024

Hi Harry, I'm a cc member, drop me an email.

Mike

Godwin 01 Apr 2024

Hi Harry,

what has made you want to join The Climbers Club, what has made you aware of the The Climbers Club.
Mikes offer is a generous one and if I were you, I would take it up.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...