UKC

Wedding ring lost at base of Striptease (Tremadog)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sardien 06 Mar 2024

I most likely lost my wedding band at the base/ belay of Striptease today. Its a plain, thin (2mm) titanium band. I'm sure I put it in a zipped pocket and all that, but sadly it wasnt there when I got home. I think it may have fallen out when taking gear and layers in & out of bag. If anyone climbing in that area finds it please get in touch! Diolch yn fawr

Craig Bwlch y Moch (Tremadog)

Striptease (VS 5a)

OP Sardien 07 Mar 2024

Edit, in theory it could have fallen out at the car too in the layby underneath the crag, thanks for looking out for it anyone heading that way!

Roberttaylor 07 Mar 2024
In reply to Sardien:

You probably know this, but you need to be incredibly careful when explaining this situation to your significant other. 

chiroshi 08 Mar 2024
In reply to Sardien:

Have you reached out to your local detectorists? A friend of mine recently lost his wedding band on a beach his honeymoon and a local with a metal detector found it in a couple of hours.

In reply to chiroshi:

Will a metal detector 'sense' titanium?

ExiledScot 08 Mar 2024
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

> Will a metal detector 'sense' titanium?

Yes, but it might class it as nickel, gold, silver etc... not iron. The fancier the detector (the device, not person) the more discerning they are for individual metals. 

In reply to ExiledScot:

Thanks, interesting to know

OP Sardien 08 Mar 2024
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Ha, thankfully he's a climber too so he understands!

OP Sardien 08 Mar 2024
In reply to chiroshi:

Thanks, good idea, i'll see if i can find a local group via FB

pencilled in 08 Mar 2024
In reply to Sardien:

If it helps, I lost my wedding ring at Dinas Cromlech, most likely moving it from my finger to the key ring in my rucksack; anyway, my wife was incredibly understanding and she bought me another one for the next Valentine’s Day. 

profitofdoom 08 Mar 2024
In reply to Roberttaylor:

> You probably know this, but you need to be incredibly careful when explaining this situation to your significant other. 

My gold wedding ring was stolen from my hand on a city bus in Asia many years ago. The bus was zooming along and crowded. I was stood up and hanging on to a strap attached to the ceiling. The ring was quite tight on my finger. Someone brushed their hand over mine quite gently, exited the bus, and vanished. A few minutes later I realised, shock horror, that the ring was gone, I just couldn't believe it

I went home and told Mrs Profitofdoom. She was not thrilled but fairly calm and said "Well there you go. You have to be careful on buses". A few days later she told her Dad the story. He kindly bought me a new ring, nice of him I thought

There was NO WAY the ring ever could have just fallen off. It was quite tight on my finger as I said

DizzyT 10 Mar 2024
In reply to Sardien:

Thanks to an inevitability of loss our total wedding ring bill was £125. My wife’s ring spent a year in a gravel car park before being rediscovered and my £20 titanium band has spent 19.5 years safely in my bedside drawer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...