UKC

6 Nations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gribble 02 Feb 2024

Ding ding.... Bring it on! 

Tyler 02 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

As a Wales supporter I’m dreading this!  France “deserve” a grand slam and Scotland a triple crown and that’s what I’ll be cheering for.  

OP gribble 02 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

Good start to the championship. Most enjoyable periods of play. Next up, Italy to win by 5pts!

Welsh Kate 02 Feb 2024
In reply to Tyler:

That's one of your wishes kiboshed in impressive fashion, I'm afraid.

Please forgive me for hoping the other goes tomorrow, though Wales have to go into the game as underdogs I think.

Dr.S at work 02 Feb 2024
In reply to Welsh Kate:

McCarthy is pretty impressive!

surely this is the year for Scotland in Cardiff?

MisterPiggy 02 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

France didn't do very well tonight, clearly outplayed by Ireland. Was a clean, good tempered match though; though French whistling every time the Irish went to kick was not sporting. Looking forward to the next matches 🙂

Tyler 02 Feb 2024
In reply to Welsh Kate:

> That's one of your wishes kiboshed in impressive fashion, I'm afraid.

Yeah and it’s not even Saturday of the first weekend.

> Please forgive me for hoping the other goes tomorrow, though Wales have to go into the game as underdogs I think.

Well that’s one of your wishes come true in impressive fashion! Scotland are well backed according to the betting.

pencilled in 02 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

Ireland played an impressive game though didn’t they? That first half hour of accuracy, intensity and intelligent possession drained the French, then after Wllemse’s second yellow it was always going to be a struggle. The lad at 10, Crowley looks an assured head on young shoulders - some of those late pops and passes in the face of some very big accomplished ballers were poetic and brave. 
Henry Tuilagi’s boy is a unit, hey. 

nathan79 03 Feb 2024
In reply to Dr.S at work:

> surely this is the year for Scotland in Cardiff?

Hopefully!

Robert Durran 03 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

They've all suddenly started talking vaguely abut "accuracy". What doe this actually mean?

Dr.S at work 03 Feb 2024
In reply to Robert Durran:

> They've all suddenly started talking vaguely abut "accuracy". What doe this actually mean?

Similar to precision I imagine

usually, hitting your target with a pass, or your running line, or your actions at a ruck..,

nathan79 03 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

A great first half start to Scotland's 6 nations. Pity about the second half.

I know we won in the end but that feels like a loss for some reason.

In reply to nathan79:

Only started watching at half time, grim grind for Scotland! 

Wales really stepped up for 20 mins. 

pencilled in 03 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

How nice to find space without anyone whining about Jonathan Davies’ persistent fanboy comments. I thought that was a great game worthy of any Six Nations tournament. Tomos Williams take a bow because rarely does an International win feel like a loss. There’s loads of positives to take into the week for Wales but some deep searching for Scotland - despite the win. 

Welsh Kate 03 Feb 2024
In reply to nathan79:

A great second half for Wales! The whole game was an object lesson in momentum rugby. Just a pity we didn't quite get there but worrying the way Scotland lost their composure and discipline in the second half.

arch 04 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

Nice to see England play with a bit more tempo and width, can't quite put my finger on why that was though ??

earlsdonwhu 05 Feb 2024
In reply to arch:

Not having the ponderous Ben Young's around helps.

OP gribble 10 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

Scotland - France. Hard game so far, but too many soft mistakes on both sides. 

OP gribble 10 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

Contentious ending! 

Welsh Kate 10 Feb 2024
In reply to gribble:

Disappointing that it had to end on an unclear TMO decision. A bit of a patchy match, but some super passages of play at times by both sides.

earlsdonwhu 10 Feb 2024
In reply to Welsh Kate:

As an Englishman, I don't think it was unclear. They described how the ball was on a boot and rolled  down off it on to the ground....and then claimed it was inconclusive. Bonkers.

These situations just mean the defence hurl bodies on to the pile to obscure all the cameras. Maybe the attackers need to attack out wide to overcome this .........

FactorXXX 10 Feb 2024
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> As an Englishman, I don't think it was unclear. They described how the ball was on a boot and rolled  down off it on to the ground....and then claimed it was inconclusive. Bonkers.

The referee's on-field decision was No Try and as there was no clear view of the ball physically touching the floor, then the TMO couldn't overturn it.

> These situations just mean the defence hurl bodies on to the pile to obscure all the cameras. Maybe the attackers need to attack out wide to overcome this .........

Conversely, the attackers do the same and get the opposite decision.

Shani 11 Feb 2024
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> As an Englishman, I don't think it was unclear. They described how the ball was on a boot and rolled  down off it on to the ground....and then claimed it was inconclusive. Bonkers.

You're joking, surely? Give that ball a pilot's licence. 😉

Pedro50 11 Feb 2024

Italy v Ireland might not turn out to be very exciting but the three anthems were brilliant. 

Fat Bumbly 2.0 11 Feb 2024
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

One good shot was blocked by Scotland stockings. 

Enty 11 Feb 2024
In reply to FactorXXX:

> The referee's on-field decision was No Try and as there was no clear view of the ball physically touching the floor, then the TMO couldn't overturn it.

Every single person in the world who saw that knows it was a try and I've spoken to quite a few Scots, French, English and Irish over the last 24h. But rules is rules. If you think there's something between that ball and the grass you're bonkers.

E

FactorXXX 11 Feb 2024
In reply to Enty:

> Every single person in the world who saw that knows it was a try and I've spoken to quite a few Scots, French, English and Irish over the last 24h. But rules is rules. If you think there's something between that ball and the grass you're bonkers.

I agree that in all probability that it is a try.
Unfortunately, the referee's on-field decision was No Try and that was what ultimately decided it.

Shani 12 Feb 2024
In reply to Enty:

> Every single person in the world who saw that knows it was a try

I've spoken to French air traffic control who assured me that ball was so high off the ground they saw it on their radar. Esteemed members of the "Association D'Danceurs Limbo" confirm confirm it was within 'regulation levels above the ground'.

Post edited at 08:29
 girlymonkey 12 Feb 2024
In reply to Enty:

Yep, I was guiding a French couple yesterday who had been over for the match. They said, obviously, they were glad of a win, but it didn't feel like a good win. They loved the atmosphere in the stadium, the warm Scottish welcome and seeing the sights, but the match was disappointing and felt a little unfair.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...