UKC

Bird Guides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 30 May 2023

If anyone uses it and can find the whereabouts of a grey headed lapwing in Fife, please post on here and I will give you a great big hug. 

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Ignore that. The bird was seen the other week, probably in its way to Shetland (from Northumberland)  or wherever it was more recently seen. 

In reply to The Lemming:

Turns out this farmer spotted an odd looking bird so took some photos and thought nothing of it until a few weeks later someone he knows bumped into him and said ‘you’ve see a grey headed lapwing, first ever in Scotland’. The same bird was the first ever UK I think. So very rare. It clearly stopped off on its journey from Northumberland to (I think) Lossiemouth, after crossing the Forth. 
Anyway, just booked myself a place to the Isle of May this Friday and can’t wait. Seabirds and hopefully something unusual - the winds look OKish (easterlies, but light). 

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Ha, with my level of knowledge, I sometimes wonder if I’ve photographed something rare and not known 🫣😂 . I had heard about the lapwing when it was seen in N/land; there were comments of up to two hundred bird watchers at the peak weekend travelling.

> Anyway, just booked myself a place to the Isle of May this Friday and can’t wait. Seabirds and hopefully something unusual - the winds look OKish (easterlies, but light). 

Hope you are lucky; rumours of some rarer birds have been seen recently there. IIRC bluethroats, redstarts, warblers and such like. Look forward to hearing your finds and photos. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...