UKC

Dawn chorus and stuff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 01 Mar 2021

These stunning mornings just keep coming. Frosty, still, ace. 

mick taylor 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> These stunning mornings just keep coming. Frosty, still, ace. 

Silhouetted pheasant on its roost perch. 

mick taylor 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Zoom in on the owl....

Flinticus 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

What's the first one?

mick taylor 01 Mar 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

Yellowhammer., male.  I always seem to be looking upwards at them. The early sun was blasting straight at it making it look even more vibrant. 

squarepeg 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Heard a skylark today despite the mist. 

Route Adjuster 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Where's Darren Jackson........Owl pictures should bring him out.

BenSends 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Great photo's Mick. Saw a Barn Owl at the weekend but only had my iPhone on me, I always regret not taking my camera with me but along with my climbing gear, it's the one thing I tend to sacrifice.

In reply to mick taylor:

A tawny kept me awake for a good couple of hours last night, not that I minded too much 

hang_about 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

went for a woodpecker walk on Sunday - actually saw a LS woodpecker! No photos though

Flinticus 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Nice.

Saw a couple of Kites yesterday, circling high over some forestry / farm land.

Same day I saw the stoned Glasgewian up a tree

Sean Kelly 01 Mar 2021
In reply to hang_about:

Heard a woodpecker on Saturday at Parke as I made my way on a horrendous muddy trail. That sound seems to carry for miles, bit like the Exeter bomb later that same day!

Michael Hood 01 Mar 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

What's the 3rd one of the original post?

Also, I notice that the owl shot has 2 there, have your previous tawny owl roost shots had 2 and I missed it or it this a first?

mick taylor 01 Mar 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

Dunnock. Slightly odd view, looking upwards.  And yes, two owls. This is the first time this year I’ve seen them both. Last year, after a few weeks of taking photos, a mate said ‘oh, remember when you told me where the owl is, well there is two.’ I’d never seen two,so checked my photos, and one had been lurking in the background. Pretty much convinced the one behind is the female that pops up for a breather. At some point, the male is turfed out and roosts nearby (think it may eat the chicks).  And in 7 years I have never seen the owlets. I’ve pointed out the owl to about ten people (carefully selected) most of whom have never seen one. They are amazed, and it gets them more interested. 

mick taylor 01 Mar 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

> Nice.

> Saw a couple of Kites yesterday, circling high over some forestry / farm land.

> Same day I saw the stoned Glasgewian up a tree

I used to be a youth worker/drugs worker in Ruchill. Sights like that were common, and usually quite funny. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...