UKC

Has Brexit ruined UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 22 Apr 2018

Bit of a silly question really, but has the seemingly endless stream of Brexit forum battles taken the eye from the prize of what used to be a great climbing resource????????????

In reply to goatee:

Maybe, although a Brexiter will probably be along shortly to claim that UKC has ruined Brexit!

Things seem that polarized

FactorXXX 22 Apr 2018
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> Maybe, although a Brexiter will probably be along shortly to claim that UKC has ruined Brexit!

A Brexiteer would say that UKC is wonderful.  It's EUC that they disapprove of...

In reply to goatee:

The volume of posts has dropped off a good deal in recent months. I suspect that the tedious Brexit arguments have played their part in persuading a number of people that their online time can be spent more profitably elsewhere.

UKC is, of course, a great deal more than just the forums and that remains unspoilt by Brexit or anything else.

T.

bouldery bits 22 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

I don't think so. There are still lots of silly threads and lots of climbing info. If you have a Climbing related question there is still tons of knowledge here. 

Post edited at 15:38
 wercat 22 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

insofar as Brexit has ruined the UK even before it has happened and UKC is a subset of that which has been ruined

Trangia 22 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

Yes, definitely. We haven't had a plane landing on a treadmill thread for ages

In reply to Trangia:

Indeed. Or a grade of three pebble slab one. 

A shadow of its former self...

d_b 22 Apr 2018
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

That is because the consensus is that it is definitely HHHHHHHVD.

toad 22 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

If I'm honest, it's the BMC organisational mega threads that have turned me off. I just don't care how many committee  members can or cannot dance on the head of a microwire

Robert Durran 22 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

No. There have been at least as many cycling threads with nothing to do with climbing, and they havn't ruined UKC either.

Roadrunner6 23 Apr 2018
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

> The volume of posts has dropped off a good deal in recent months. I suspect that the tedious Brexit arguments have played their part in persuading a number of people that their online time can be spent more profitably elsewhere.

> UKC is, of course, a great deal more than just the forums and that remains unspoilt by Brexit or anything else.

> T.

I think facebook and other social media have been killing the forums for the last 5 years. I don't think Brexit has harmed it anymore than a plane on a treadmill did or Steve Webb's jacket.. 

Paulos 23 Apr 2018
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Amen to that. UKC forums are great for many things, but political opinions...go to guardian or daily mail comments if you want to kill time

Big Ger 23 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

I do wish these leave supporters would desist from starting a new thread each and every time Brexit appears in the news. Their relentless positivism is quite annoying.

In reply to goatee:

> Bit of a silly question really, but has the seemingly endless stream of Brexit forum battles taken the eye from the prize of what used to be a great climbing resource????????????

Oh the irony.

Bernard Shakey 23 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

There is probably 5 self belaying threads to every Brexit one , and even more  what can I take as hand luggage !

doz 24 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

maybe we all got real good at climbing and ran out of questions?

GrahamD 24 Apr 2018
In reply to goatee:

Makes a change from the equally polarised Scottish independence threads a while back.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...