UKC

Kevin Sinfield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kipper12 27 Dec 2021

Just watching the BBC news piece about Kevin Sinfields 100 mile run for MND.  What an iron man and an absolute inspiration to every one of us.  If ever there was a deserving candidate for being knighted this new year, I can’t think of a better one.  I know it’s not at all why he’s making the impossible possible, but he really deserves the nations gratitude.  The term legend is much used and abused, but he’s a living legend. 

Route Adjuster 27 Dec 2021
In reply to kipper12:

Couldn't agree more, amazing bloke.

In reply to kipper12:

> Just watching the BBC news piece about Kevin Sinfields 100 mile run for MND.  What an iron man and an absolute inspiration to every one of us.  If ever there was a deserving candidate for being knighted this new year, I can’t think of a better one.  I know it’s not at all why he’s making the impossible possible, but he really deserves the nations gratitude.  The term legend is much used and abused, but he’s a living legend. 

Seems to be one of the most decent human beings to emerge from the cesspit of the last few years. Totally up for the challenge, seems uncomfortable in the limelight and a great friend to boot.

Inspirational that a unit like him can run long distances too, after the battering his body has taken. Hope for us all. 

More-On 27 Dec 2021
In reply to kipper12:

Couldn't agree more. A fantastic chap.

I'm a life long Rhinos fan and know him as King Kev, but I'd be very happy to change that to Sir Kev!

OP kipper12 27 Dec 2021
In reply to More-On:

I don’t follow rugby at all, so I only came across him on the news, as he took on the MND challenges.  I was blown away by his humility and determination to do something.  An absolutely inspirational person.  People like him come along rarely, and stand head and shoulders above most of us.

More-On 27 Dec 2021
In reply to kipper12:

I couldn't have put it better - a truly great person.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...