UKC

Norfolk white tailed eagle project cancelled

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ciro 19 Oct 2021

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment/2021/oct/18/norfolk-white-tailed-ea...

Local estate owners were concerned about them eating wading birds and pheasants... I can't quite put my finger why, but it feels like one of these two reasons might have been made up.

☹️

In reply to Ciro:

And as for farmers being concerned about them taking pigs! It takes more than a two-metre wingspan to get a Gloucester Old Spot off the ground.

jcm

toad 20 Oct 2021
In reply to Ciro:

Hmm. There is a large estate nearby with form for raptor persecution, whilst at the same time advocating exotic animal conservation and "earthshots". Wonder if they had a word?

CantClimbTom 20 Oct 2021
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Pigs? It's horses, man, HORSES!!

Sure it starts with pigs... but that's the thin end of the wedge and they get the taste. In a matter of days they'll take one horse in each talon and off on the wing to their Erie high in the cliffs above Blakeney.

The New NickB 20 Oct 2021
In reply to toad:

> Hmm. There is a large estate nearby with form for raptor persecution, whilst at the same time advocating exotic animal conservation and "earthshots". Wonder if they had a word?

Careful, you will end up in the Tower!

Bottom Clinger 20 Oct 2021
In reply to Ciro:

Look here. Everyone knows that Eagles mainly live off dunlin. And babies. 

In reply to toad:

Now I'm sure that estate is merely unlucky and nefarious types are sneaking onto it to commit wildlife crime. Just like a certain ardent conservationist who now lives in the USA, who was unlucky enough to be the only known person (with his pal) hunting near where 2 hen harriers were seen to be blasted out of the sky! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...