UKC

Powerpoint

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bojo 04 Jun 2022

I'm working on a Powerpoint presentation which includes some videos preceded by and followed by still images. The video I have inserted so far plays OK but, on completion it loops back to the beginning of the video again instead of advancing to the next slide.  I've tried various combinations of transition and playback settings including automatic

Can somebody help please?

Thanks

Post edited at 08:21
OP Bojo 04 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Bump

cenotaphcorner 04 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Under Video Tools, on the Playback tab, in the Video Options group, deselect the Loop until Stopped check box.

OP Bojo 04 Jun 2022
In reply to cenotaphcorner:

> Under Video Tools, on the Playback tab, in the Video Options group, deselect the Loop until Stopped check box.

Thanks. I'll have a look at that when I get home.

OP Bojo 04 Jun 2022
In reply to cenotaphcorner:

Just had a quick look. It's not selected anyway

ThunderCat 04 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Does PowerPoint still let you have each image slide in from the side, accompanied by a tyre screeching effect?

Always a crowd pleaser. 

MG 04 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Videos in ppt are high risk - the chances of it freezing or something are significant. I'd advise playing it as a standalone.

OP Bojo 04 Jun 2022
In reply to MG:

> Videos in ppt are high risk - the chances of it freezing or something are significant. I'd advise playing it as a standalone.

They are an integral part of the presentation

MG 04 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

That's fine - just switch in and out of ppt.

cb294 04 Jun 2022
In reply to MG:

This. Two years of lecturing online has taught me what to avoid like the plague. MS Teams and Videos in PPT are close to the top of the list!

OP Bojo 04 Jun 2022
In reply to All:

Sorry to be a pain but I can't seem to get to grips with this. At one point, when trying to insert an object I had a message saying "The server application, source or item can't be founfor returned....

Why on earth is it not a simple thing to acheive IN POWERPOINT?

Pedro50 04 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Have you tried saying "next slide please"?

OP Bojo 04 Jun 2022
In reply to Pedro50:

Have you tried making a sensible comment?

BRILLBRUM 04 Jun 2022

I’ve not tried this yet so can’t 100% confirm it will work (too much Platty Joobs Pimms) but…

Assuming you have a pre and post still with the video in-betwixt try setting your slides and animation like this:

First still is in a stand alone slide, click to next slide (or animate to transition after x time) which is your vid which should be set to auto start, at the end of your vid animate to immediately transition to next slide which is your follow-on still. Should work, no promises, fingers crossed, also get lucky rabbits foot out as it is .ppt and it’s the devils work. 

OP Bojo 04 Jun 2022
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

> I’ve not tried this yet so can’t 100% confirm it will work (too much Platty Joobs Pimms) but…

> Assuming you have a pre and post still with the video in-betwixt try setting your slides and animation like this:

> First still is in a stand alone slide, click to next slide (or animate to transition after x time) which is your vid which should be set to auto start, at the end of your vid animate to immediately transition to next slide which is your follow-on still. Should work, no promises, fingers crossed, also get lucky rabbits foot out as it is .ppt and it’s the devils work. 

Thanks, I'll give it a try

OP Bojo 05 Jun 2022
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

I've just been experimenting with your suggested approach and initial results seem favourable. I still have quite a bit more work to do on the presentation but if it works with your suggestion I shall be so grateful. I was finding it quite frustrating and was seriously beginning to wonder whether I would be able to "hack it".

Thanks again. Fingers crossed.

dunc56 05 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

Just a thought. Before doing the presentation. Test it with the conferencing software you’ll use with someone watching. You may find your video has no sound. Even if you go for ppt, PLEASE have a backup of playing the video outside in case it all goes t1ts up.

OP Bojo 05 Jun 2022
In reply to dunc56:

> Just a thought. Before doing the presentation. Test it with the conferencing software you’ll use with someone watching. You may find your video has no sound. Even if you go for ppt, PLEASE have a backup of playing the video outside in case it all goes t1ts up.

I'm hearing sound when I run the occasional test viewing during editing.

dunc56 05 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

I’ve presumed you are doing it remotely. If you’re not, ignore me.

OP Bojo 05 Jun 2022
In reply to dunc56:

Live audience. Thanks anyway.

BRILLBRUM 05 Jun 2022
In reply to Bojo:

superb - glad I could be of help

my next tip, rehearse until you are blue in the face, and then do it some more.

Use the timing function so you know how long you are actually presenting for, record yourself to see where you waffle, pick your nose, stare in to space and so on. Present to the dog, your partner, have some notes to refer to, do not speak the words on the slide but speak around/to them, look at and speak to your audience. And unless you’re giving a presentation on the future of the Conservative Party to CCHQ - enjoy yourself!

OP Bojo 05 Jun 2022
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

Many thanks for that.

OP Bojo 11 Jun 2022

I'm not sure how I've done it, so don't ask, but I seem to have eliminated the gremlins from my efforts to include videos in my PowerPoint presentation.

OP Bojo 12 Jun 2022

Thanks to all who offered advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...