UKC

Predictions for the next 12 months

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Misha 29 Sep 2020

October a bit shit

November pretty shit. 

December really shit. Xmas and NY ruined, ha!

January extremely shit. Perfect winter climbing and skiing conditions.

February extremely shit. Perfect winter climbing and skiing conditions.

March really shit. Perfect winter climbing and skiing conditions followed by / overlapping with perfect rock climbing weather. 

April pretty shit. Perfect rock climbing weather. 

May a bit shit. Perfect rock climbing weather. 

June ok. Rain. 

July good. More rain. 

August good. Where the f*ck does all that rain come from?!

September ok as vaccine has been made available to enough vulnerable / old people to make it ok but don’t forget your face mask.

In reply to Misha:

Your optimistic, it will never be that good.

OP Misha 30 Sep 2020
In reply to HighChilternRidge:

Ha. Someone at work quoted a 90s song name to me recently - the pessimist is never disappointed. I like to think of myself as a realist though. 

Blue Straggler 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

Sell this to Robert Smith of The Cure as a rewritten Friday I’m In Love

Billhook 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

We'll still be working on our "World Class test & trace" system.

The 'experts', will have decided that the virus is unstoppable unless we continue with unpalatable restrictions.

The public will get fed up with the restrictions and widespread  ignoring of many of the restrictions will take place.

A vaccine, hopefully somewhat more reliable than our test and trace system will be found.

Some isolated  individuals, mostly elderly, the vulnerable and a few mentally ill, will come out of hiding for the first time since March 2020.  Some will have books published about how they survived the pandemic.

Removed User 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

I don't think this type of wild optimism is helpful do you?

In reply to Misha:

Wonderful news 

:-C

dread-i 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

There is a lot to look forward to as well.

We'll have higher prices from Jan for EU produce. It might be bad for you, but someone will be getting rich.

The South of England will become one giant lorry park. But on the plus side, there will be an increase in dogging.

The NHS will have their seasonal melt down, as usual. But this time we'll be there to support them, by clapping.

America will have a minor civil war when Trump wins, or refuses to leave if he looses. You could make a fortune by buying real estate in Canada and setting up refugee camps.

Flinticus 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

Let's jinx the future...

Trump loses the election, and the army force him out. By January he'd locked up...tax evasion, obstruction, harassment, take your pick.

Several vaccines become available Dec - Feb and 2021 sees a gradual loosening of restrictions

China, EU and a Democrat President of the US agree lots of binding & strict environmental targets at COP26.

Proper plastic & mixed material recycling hits the commercial sector thanks to the ongoing work of scientists - see recent Guardian article.

Some sort of constitutional crises forces an election. Labour win. Failing that, Scotland gains independence.

I drop a day a week at work after all debt is paid off and have more time to climb, camp, hike and listening to my records.

Other good stuff...

Post edited at 10:11
 Richard Horn 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

Turn off the news and stop listening, then it all seems a lot less shit.

Post edited at 10:15
 Snyggapa 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

one of my stock sayings - you may think me a pessimist, but I am usually right.

Post edited at 10:21
 jethro kiernan 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

With that level of blind optimism I’m presuming you voted for brexit. 😂

profitofdoom 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

My predictions: lots of people will make predictions. All predictions will be totally wrong as usual

Trangia 30 Sep 2020
In reply to Misha:

Oh what a bundle of fun you are!! I'll bet your glass is half empty too?

OP Misha 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Trangia:

Nah, it’s half empty and leaking.

I do think optimists will be disappointed over the next few months but we will get through this, eventually. 

munkins 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Misha:

In 12 months I believe the US will be on the verge of civil war and China will be the new global superpower.

Andy Gamisou 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Misha:

- October awesome, best weather of the year, first time reasonably healthy in about 5 years, expecting projects to fall like flies.

- November through September 2021, dunno.  Don't think more than a few weeks ahead these days.

Post edited at 08:35
 wercat 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Misha:

with Britain in a big mess and the fallout of the EU after No Deal, America weakened, Putin increases covert and overt pressure on Ukraine.

Cyber attacks on UK infrastructure to add to COVID and Brexit woes

More government by Dickchat from Mekon & Johnson

Post edited at 08:57

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...