UKC

TradeInn cashback scam - Is it just me?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hooo 27 Feb 2023

I've used the various TradeInn site a good few times now, snowINN, trekINN, runnerINN, bikeINN. They've always been reputable and reliable. Today I made a purchase and was then redirected to somewhere called Complete Savings, which is basically a barely legitimate scam. They say you can get cashback on your recent purchase, but take £15 a month from you. The Complete savings page was branded TradeInn and claims to be a partner of theirs. I emailed TradeInn to say I was disappointed in them for linking to this site, and they denied any responsibility for it.

So either TradeInn are lying through their teeth, or something very dodgy is going on. I found the product via a Google Ad, could this be Google's doing? With the TradeInn branding inserted without their knowledge?

Has anyone else purchased from one of their sites recently? Did you have the same thing happen? Please let me know.

TobyA 27 Feb 2023
In reply to Hooo:

At least you saw the 15 quid fee, I got caught by it buying from an online bike shop and didn't notice I was paying the fee for several months. https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/have_you_joined_completesavings...

On Trust Pilot there are thousands more people saying much the same. I don't know for sure but it feels like many of the 5 star reviews seem like bots.

OP Hooo 27 Feb 2023
In reply to TobyA:

That's their whole MO. You think you're getting a deal and they sign you up for £15 a month. They are thieving scum, simple as that, so I think it's important to complain to any site that directs you to them. What I didn't expect was for TradeInn to flatly deny it was anything to do with them. Surely this is a lie?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...