UKC

what does birthright mean? Is it absolute?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 French Erick 21 Apr 2018

1)Being born into riches? Does it mean you have the right to dismiss others for being poor?

2)Being born poor? Does it mean you have the right to forever blame the rich for your being poor?

3) Being Royal? Does it mean that you can forever lead the others regardless of skills or worth?

4)Being born with the right kind of passport? Does it mean that you have the right to forever keep others from accessing the same lifestyle as yours?

5) Not being born with the correct genetic make-up to crimp like f*ck up steep climbs? Does it mean you have to give up trying to better yourself and become as good a climber as you can be (which may or may not be any near the genetic beast)?

6) Being born French? Does it mean that you have to forever be the butt of some allo-allo quote/joke? Or that Brits will always ans systematically question your sanity for choosing to live in the UK? (yes the weather is not as good but there are many a good thing to the UK!)

Sharp 21 Apr 2018
In reply to French Erick:

A birthright is simply a term used to indicate a right which someone is born with, the right to not be tortured for example. It's not an absolute term and could feasibly applied to almost anything. What you have posted merely looks like a list of inflammatory/divisive observations likely to cause argument and I'm failing to see the point of posting that.

Conflict largely arises from different groups of people fighting over their differences instead of coming together over their similarities. Why fuel it? 

Your questions are all in the format:

"Does being born xyz give you the right to be a c**t/deserve people being a c**t to you?"

The answer is most likely no to all of them which I suspect you know.

Post edited at 10:19
 LeeWood 21 Apr 2018
In reply to Sharp:

some even have a birthright to stop a discussion even before it starts :o

OP French Erick 21 Apr 2018
In reply to Sharp:

Fair enough.

Note that the dislike isn't me.

bouldery bits 21 Apr 2018

I hate everyone equally.

Does that help?

pec 21 Apr 2018

Birthrights are whatever we decide they are, they only apply for as long society continues to want them to or you go and live in a different society. If you're born in a different time or place they will be different. Despite what some people may think they aren't immutable like the laws of physics.

Post edited at 21:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...