UKC

Wot, no footy thread?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Man City win their fourth Premiership title in a row which hasn’t ever been achieved before. Phil Foden was superb again. 

Andy Farnell 19 May 2024
In reply to Christheclimber:

There's 115 reasons people don't care.

Myfyr Tomos 19 May 2024

And Spurs came fifth... If you'd offered me that last summer, I'd have bitten your hand off.

Bottom Clinger 19 May 2024

Been a great premier league this season, lots of quality teams. Feel kinda sorry for Arsenal, who’ve been great. But City are a machine. To be honest, I expect continued City dominance until WiganAthletic start nicking points off them, like the Good Old Days. 

England have some quality  players - here’s hoping they do the business for England.

Predicting promotion for the Latics next year. 

Bottom Clinger 19 May 2024
In reply to Andy Farnell:

> There's 115 reasons people don't care.

I can only think of one. What are the other 114 ?  

birdie num num 19 May 2024

Football is a business programme.

If you turn over your telly, you might find some sport.

redjerry 19 May 2024

Will city have to relinquish titles that were won while they were cheating? or is the punishment all targeted towards future seasons.
Doesn't seem right to me that they would be able to retain titles that were won during years where they were breaking the leagues rules.

earlsdonwhu 20 May 2024

When Everton and Forest got penalised very rapidly, it is absurd that Citeh appear to be getting away with a multitude of 'irregularities'. One can only presume that the FA are scared of litigation defended by a host of lawyers from the Middle East.

Citeh are vey good and Pep improves players but God forbid we end up like in Scotland or Germany  where, nearly always, the title winners are virtually guaranteed at the start of every season.

RobAJones 20 May 2024
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> When Everton and Forest got penalised very rapidly, it is absurd that Citeh appear to be getting away with a multitude of 'irregularities'.

Isn't it more that case that Everton and even more so Forest admitted their guilt and cooperated with the Premier League in an attempt to minimise their punishments, which as it turned out, has worked out pretty well for both. City are contesting historic sustainability breaches rather than breaking recent FFP rules. Having said that, if we're found guilty, relegation at least and perhaps even to League 2 doesn't sound unreasonable. 

>One can only presume that the FA are scared of litigation defended by a host of lawyers from the Middle East.

I think being able to afford expensive lawyers is drawing the proceed out. Not sure there is any fear. Nothing really happen to UEFA when their findings got overturned by CAS, one difference in this case is that City can't appeal to CAS 

> Citeh are vey good and Pep improves players but God forbid we end up like in Scotland or Germany  where, nearly always, the title winners are virtually guaranteed at the start of every season.

You can add Spain, France and The Netherlands to that list. Will  Pep leaving have a similar effect as Fergie retiring? I'm hopeful it won't, mainly because of (now) how well run the club is. 

GrahamD 20 May 2024
In reply to Andy Farnell:

Are these reasons, or just charges at the moment? Genuine question. 

Tony the Blade 20 May 2024
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> When Everton and Forest got penalised very rapidly, it is absurd that Citeh appear to be getting away with a multitude of 'irregularities'. One can only presume that the FA are scared of litigation defended by a host of lawyers from the Middle East.

I have just one word for you... Tevez.

Still bitter? Me? Yep

More footy news.

Rashford looks to be out of the Euros

Bottom Clinger 21 May 2024
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> More footy news.

> Rashford looks to be out of the Euros

Good. He ain’t good enough anyway. 

Babika 22 May 2024
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Glad he's left Henderson behind as well. Now we just need to get rid of Maguire.

He's been good but now? Nah. 

In reply to Babika:

> Glad he's left Henderson behind as well. Now we just need to get rid of Maguire.

> He's been good but now? Nah. 

Yep, strange decision to include him. We dont have many options in SD but he's too unreliable,

Babika 22 May 2024
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Southgate has to lose 7 of the 33 so maybe Maguire can bite the dust at round 2 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...