UKC

BMC Summit subscription snafu

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris_Mellor 02 Oct 2023

The BMC sent me an email about the latest Summit,  #111, saying I needed to login to read it, and kindly supplying an email address and login number I could use. When I tried to log in using the email address and password the response from the BMC's system was: "Login failed because this edition is not covered by the dates of your subscription."

I am not a private member of the BMC. As a member of a climbing club affiliated to the BMC why am I having this problem?

In reply to Chris_Mellor:

Sshhhhhhh.... don't say those three letters! We've only just got UKB Shark off to sleep!!

spenser 02 Oct 2023

Club members are only meant to be sent one issue of Summit a year (the March one which they send the membership card with following the membership renewal cycle), if you want the additional issues that is a benefit of individual membership:

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/upgrade-your-club-membership_0

https://thebmc.co.uk/summit-tablets

Not sure why the email went out to people who aren't meant to have access to this issue of the magazine.

Andy2 02 Oct 2023

I'm getting the same thing.

FactorXXX 02 Oct 2023
In reply to spenser:

> Not sure why the email went out to people who aren't meant to have access to this issue of the magazine.

BMC Incompetence?
Again... 🙄

l21bjd 03 Oct 2023
In reply to spenser:

I think club members get one hard copy of Summit as you say, but should be able to access the others online(?)

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/how-to-affiliate-register-club-with-bmc

Jon.

Dirty Davey 03 Oct 2023

I’m getting the same message and am a paid up individual member.

spenser 03 Oct 2023
In reply to l21bjd:

Evidently I was a bit out of date, I asked to stop being sent the hard copies as an individual member several years ago as I had a stack of 5 unopened issues on my shelf.

Gavin 03 Oct 2023
In reply to Dirty Davey:

It's the same for me this month, but I also had this error last month.  I emailed the summit-app@ email address on the 11th September but have no reply.  Emailed again this this morning, but before seeing this thread, and copied the office@ address in too.  I am also reassured that I am not the only one having this issue.

ChrisBrooke 03 Oct 2023
In reply to Gavin:

Me too. And last issue too.

Martin Hore 03 Oct 2023

Me the same. I'm a club member and I don't think I've received this notification for previous issues. Clearly something has gone wrong with the IT this time. I hope someone from BMC will be along shortly to explain.

Martin

Gavin 05 Oct 2023
In reply to Martin Hore:

Email from the BMC

"We’ve had some technical issues with the Summit Magazine system and they’re all sorted now. You will be able to login as normal"

And I can confirm access is working again for me.

Jon Barton 27 Oct 2023

Not working for me - plus why suddenly no printed edition...? Cost cutting?

In reply to Jon Barton:

> Not working for me - plus why suddenly no printed edition...? Cost cutting?

Eco.

Godwin 27 Oct 2023
In reply to l21bjd:

> I think club members get one hard copy of Summit as you say, but should be able to access the others online(?)

> Jon.

Now I never knew that. Thank you.

mondite 27 Oct 2023
In reply to Jon Barton:

> Not working for me - plus why suddenly no printed edition...? Cost cutting?

They have done it for the last couple of years. One edition a year being digital only.

Jon Barton 27 Oct 2023
In reply to mondite:

Oh, I clearly haven't been paying attention.

Iamgregp 28 Oct 2023

If anyone want a hard copy you can have mine for free. It’ll be unopened…

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...