UKC

Leo - best wishes for a sppedy recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stuart Wood 27 Feb 2002
Just spoke to Leo, he's just had an operation on a badly broken foot. The accident happened six pitches up Cerro Torre where he fell and hit a ledge.
Lets all wish for a speedy recovery.
 Adam Lincoln 27 Feb 2002
In reply to Stuart Wood:

Good news Woody, so a full recovery is on the cards

Hope he is back pushing the limits soon
OP johncoxmysteriously 28 Feb 2002
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Hear hear.
 Al Evans 28 Feb 2002
In reply to johncoxmysteriously: Good to hear, it sounded really serious on first news.
Caff 28 Feb 2002
In reply to Stuart Wood: Buggerit eh. Thought there might be a little niche for me and me phsycologically advanced new routes to mek a name for ourselves eh. I'll get back t'me phsyco-schematic thesis involving the lower atrium of the brain, and dream of me cave at sella, eh.
Very gooood.
OP Anonymous 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Stuart Wood: who cares ?
JazzCat 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Anonymous, too chicken to not be: Not you obviously.
He's only one of Britains great on-sight climbers, prolific new routers and repeaters, not to mention being a nice guy with tremendous natural talent who's not big headed about it.
This is a CLIMBING forum in case you hadn't noticed, so if you don't care, then f&*k off.
 Adam Lincoln 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Anonymous:

F*cking Wanker
Stuart Wood 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Adam:

Well said Adam. Anonynmous, watch your back!
OP d hunter 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Anonymous:even if you dont need you share your tasteless opinion with us. also you are a coward.
 sutty 01 Mar 2002
Never met either Leo or anonymous but from what I have seen and heard of Leo he seems a normal drinking climbing young focused climber and I care, hope you get well soon Leo.
Remember Charlie Viganos words after he spent a summer in hospital after a fall, bugger, all this sun going to waste.
JazzCat 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Yeah, that's what I was trying to say, just couldn't find the words....
 andy 01 Mar 2002
In reply to sutty: Anyone who's first words on national telly are "I'm going to barf inevitably" is alright by me.

When you say 'badly broken' Woody - does that mean Neil Foster 'badly broken'? Could be a long recovery period!
 Adam Lincoln 01 Mar 2002
In reply to andy:

Yeah, knowing Leo, he will be doing the dyno comp next month one footed if he has to.
Stuart Wood 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Andy:

I don't know much about this sort of thing but taking bone out of his hip to sort it sounds pretty grim. He'll bounce back.
Pubs 01 Mar 2002
In reply to andy:

what was that on? (hard grit?)
JazzCat 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Pubs: Cerro Torre in Patagonia I think, with Andy Cave? (Don't quote me!)
 andy 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Pubs: Neil broke his foot on Ullyses on Stanage (hence his new route on Curbar done shortly before - 'Ullyses or Bust' - geddit?). Horrible stories about various doctors wanting to amputate it cos it was so badly trashed - which is presumably why he spent so much time on the north buttress of Dove Crag - so overhanging there's nowt to hit!
Pubs 01 Mar 2002
In reply to andy:

when did he say the first words on national telly?
 Bob 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Pubs:

It was on the Wild Climbs series on the Beeb about 2 years ago. He was climbing in the Czech republic with Andy Cave.

Bob
 andy 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Pubs: Oops! Sorry - thougt you meant Neil's ankle!

Leo was on that climbing series the beeb (The Face?) did in Czechoslovakia with Andy Cave. The narrator did this big intro about how Leo was one of the new breed of climbers, honed, athletic etc etc - then cut to Leo the morning after a night on the piss in Prague uttering those famous words, then chucking his guts out of the window of a minibus. Priceless!
ICE 'B' 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Anonymous: inetnum: 217.33.73.24 - 217.33.73.31
netname: HULLEY-AND-KIRKWOOD
descr: Hulley_and_Kirkwood
admin-c: DG6506-RIPE
tech-c: DG6506-RIPE
remarks: Please send abuse notification to abuse@bt.net
mnt-by: BTNET-MNT
changed: ipmaster@bt.net 20010314
source: RIPE

route: 217.32.0.0/12
descr: BT Public Internet Service
origin: AS2856
remarks: Please send abuse notification to abuse@bt.net
remarks: PLEASE DIRECT ALL QUERIES TO support@bt.net
mnt-by: BTNET-MNT
changed: Jas.Gill@bt.net 20000921

person: Derek G*****
address: Hulley and Kirkwood
address: 15-16
address: Woodside Place
address: Glasgow
address: G3 7QS
address: GB
phone: +44 141 332 5466
nic-hdl: DG6506-RIPE
changed: ipmaster@bt.net 20010314

This is the registered owner of the IP address that the message reached here from. Hope it helps.
 Adam Lincoln 01 Mar 2002
In reply to ICE 'B':
Its actually Derek Graham
 hoseyb 01 Mar 2002
In reply to ICE 'B':

Ooookaaay...
So we've now proved that you can't be anonomous on rocktalk

best not to bash every cock we come across tho'
(ooer)
a little overkill perhaps
hose

ps get well leo, and see if patch has any scillies photos to gawp at -new routes a little closer to home
In reply to ICE 'B':

F**kin Hell!

All he did was say that he didn't give two hoots if Leo's recovering or not. Now, that's hardly nice, but it's not personally abusive or nasty. If you asked Leo how he felt about it he'd look at you funny and shrug!

Compare that with Tim the grey who just personally insulted Bobbi Bensman...

Isn't posting all those details a little heavy handed? Especially after he got a slapping down on the thread anyway....
Simon V 01 Mar 2002
There's no need for that boys!!!

andy 01 Mar 2002
In reply to ICE 'B': How d'you do that, then?
brendonTendon 01 Mar 2002
In reply to andy:

it's just a whois lookup - easy with a tool such as Sam Spade.

I thought that just brought back the person who was the registered owner of that IP blcok though, which isn't necessarily the name of the person who posted that remark...probably not if it's a company address (which this is) - or am I wrong?
jo 01 Mar 2002
In reply to Stuart Wood:

Yes Leo if you are reading this (you poor poor sod Get well soon!

I don't know you from Adam but if you want some chicken soup (or beer?) bought round, just holler!
 andy 01 Mar 2002
In reply to jo: He's easy to tell from Adam - he has much longer hair. And a big white thing on one of his legs.
ICE 'B' 01 Mar 2002
In reply to midgets of the world unite: I aqree, which is why I omitted the surname, because that may not be the person using the machine, but they will work for the same company.
ICE 'B' 01 Mar 2002
In reply to ICE 'B': S'funny though, someones pinging my ip address like mad now, have I upset someone?
ben 01 Mar 2002
In reply to ICE 'B': Have you got nothing better to do than track someone down because they don't agree with you! I believe this is a free country and that people can express their opinions. what does it matter if they are anonymous or not especially on rock talk. You can publish my ip address if you like I dont care I am not scared of you. As for Leo yes its bad news and I wish him well, but I don't know him so I am not that bothered.
In reply to ICE 'B':

Fair play to you for omitting the surname. I only replied because the whole thing just smacks of a ROCKFAX witch-hunt. OK, so the guy is a bit callous, but there then follows ten or so insulting, violent comments followed by the guys IP details and then adam follows up with a name, which might not even be the name of the poster.

If it was my name I'd be feeling pretty angry at the disproportionate response. I guess it's just easy to fire off in here without thinking about the consequences, eh!

And - not to hijack Leo's thread - if you have nothing better to do than read this Leo, get well soon mate, and I know some pretty good lip traverses in Yorkshire you only need one leg for...
ICE 'B' 01 Mar 2002
In reply to ben: Sorry Ben, I don't know Leo either, the rules ask people not to be post as Anonymous so my motive what not that they didn't agree with me. I agree 100% with you re: free country. I am not in the slightest bit aggresive, I have never started a fight and would not, so you have nothing to be scared of. (I have been kicked the shit out of by a gang of Skinheads so know how it feels, my trusting nature you see, my mates ran off, I thought I wonder what they want?) Have a good weekend.
 Adam Lincoln 01 Mar 2002
In reply to midgets of the world unite:

yeah, fair enough!
jo 01 Mar 2002
In reply to andy:

Oh I walked right into that one didn't I!

Dangnabbit!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...