UKC

Adding partner's logged routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cathsullivan 29 Jun 2019

Until recently clicking on my logbook (using in browser on android phone) brought up a page showing routes my partners had logged as being climbed with me. I could then choose add/ignore/watched etc. This now seems to have disappeared. Googling reveals some old forum threads with a link to the 'add partners routes' but this doesn't seem to feature in any logbook menus. Also, it was useful that it just popped up automatically.  Has it gone or am I missing something?

Simon Caldwell 01 Jul 2019
In reply to cathsullivan:

It's still showing for me on my desktop, but not on Android

It should show the popup if there's anything that needs your attention. The page is here though: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/partnerslogs.php

In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

It *should do*, but in Android it doesn't.

I've just checked. Nothing flags up on my phone but on my laptop/chrome the popup appears for 3 climbs I haven't logged from last week!

In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

It didn't show on mobiles before because it's so much easier to approve the additions on a desktop/laptop. I've turned it on for mobiles too now but you'll need to clear the cache on the mobile to see it or add/edit a climb in your logbook since it uses the date-time of the last change to decide whether to get actually refresh the page when you click refresh.

OP cathsullivan 01 Jul 2019

Thanks.  It definitely was popping up on my mobile until recently (hopefully it was clear that I was talking about accessing the logbook using the browser on my android phone rather than on the android app).  Anyway, will clear the cache and see what happens.

OP cathsullivan 01 Jul 2019

Have cleared the cache twice, restarted my phone and logged in again and also edited a route in my logbook.  It's still not showing the popup, but I wonder if it's because there is only one route currently logged by a partner that I haven't added and I pressed 'ignore' on that a couple of days ago.  So, maybe it won't pop back up for seven days?  Although the relevant button that appears on the 'partners' page on the desktop is also not showing on my 'phone either.

My issues were sorted after Paul's message above! Edited my last climb and thevpop up appeared next time I logged in. Again, using Chrome on Android rather than app. 

Thanks Paul. 

OP cathsullivan 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

OK, thanks for the info. Will see what occurs next time somebody logs a route with me.

dereke12000 02 Jul 2019

Is it possible to select the same response for some or all of the entries and then process them in one go.
Currently I have to go through a list one by one, which is time consuming...

OP cathsullivan 08 Jul 2019

Working again now. Thanks.

In reply to dereke12000:

We'll look into a way of doing that. The existing system is pretty daunting if there's a lot of additions to be made.

marky 09 Aug 2019

When trying to add routes to my logbook logged by my partner the box is partially obscured by an ad and I can’t click on the required box. I am using iPhone 7. 

In reply to marky:

Hi Mark, that sounds pretty odd. Can you send me a screenshot please? paul at ukclimbing.com

marky 07 Sep 2019

Thanks Paul it seems to have sorted itself for now!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...