UKC

Crash on touching tick button on Rockfax app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave1987 13 Sep 2021

When attempting to update my UKC logbook via the Rockfax app, it crashes every time I touch the tick button. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a fix being worked on? In the meantime, has anyone discovered a workaround?

In reply to Dave1987:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reporting this. We had someone last night report this issue also and we're aware of it.

I've taken a look at this and it's a tricky one. I can see why the app is crashing, an ascent seems to get into a strange state, but I'm not totally sure how this is happened. It's not affecting everyone either. 

We're currently fixing a number of issues and this is one on the list. 

Cheers,
Martin

Sarah_JB19 02 Oct 2021

-

Post edited at 15:48
 TobyA 02 Oct 2021
In reply to Dave1987:

I've had it happen for a long time with certain crags within certain "books" but then not happen with any crags in other books, so of the crags I have on my phone currently, Peak Limestone has caused me the most problems. I was climbing at Hidden Quarry last night and we did Sit Down Wall (6a) but I couldn't log it via the app because it crashes either the crag or the whole app.

Graeme Hammond 02 Oct 2021
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

On a semi related note if you 2nd a route it shows with a green tick next to the route, but for consistency with UKC it should be a blue tick and only a green tick for a solo, lead, or Alt Led, and red cross if you dog or don't finish a route.

Durkules 04 Oct 2021
In reply to TobyA:

I've had this same issue also when trying to log routes on some Peak Limestone crags.

In reply to Durkules:

Can you try installing the beta build linked in this thread:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/rf_ios_app_crash-739212

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...