UKC

A Place In Which To Search

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Iain Thow 09 May 2023

Just finished reading Joe Kelsey's "A Place In Which To Search", his paean to Wyoming's superlative Wind Rivers. It's a wonderful mountain book, whether you know the area or not, and anyone who enjoys climbing in spectacular wild areas will love it. For anyone who doesn't know, Kelsey was a member of the legendary New York Vulgarians (think a sort of anarchic hippy Creagh Dhu) who went out west as a climbing bum and ended up as a mountain guide and the local expert on the Winds - there's lots of interesting bits of his life story in the book. US publishers found the book too 'niche' and he ended up self publishing - it's available here from Blackwell's (and A****n). Well worth a read. (Disclaimer: I have no connection with the book or to Joe Kelsey, I just think it's a great book).

ashtond6 10 May 2023
In reply to Iain Thow:

Going in 1 month (snow and road dependent)

thank you

OP Iain Thow 10 May 2023
In reply to ashtond6:

I gather Wyoming has had a pretty snowy late winter so there's much more white stuff around than usual. Have fun anyway.

ashtond6 10 May 2023
In reply to Iain Thow:

Yeah forums saying you potentially won’t be able to arrive into the cirque until August  

oscaig 10 May 2023
In reply to Iain Thow:

Will have a look at this, thanks.  Had a trip to the Winds some years back and it was amazing.  Have itched to go back ever since.   

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...