UKC

Blackchurch - Main Cliff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Kemball 05 Jul 2018

Following on from my recent thread - https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rocktalk/calling_all_culm_and_baggy_climb... I'm now working on  Blackchurch. I'd really like info from anyone climbing there. I've produced topos based on the descriptions in the guide and walking under the cliff with a camera! If you are likely to climb there soon and would like a copy of these draft topos, please email me. The cliff offers opportunities for adventure, and at the moment is competely dry. 

Tom Last 05 Jul 2018
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Hi Mark. I did (seconded) Godspell with Max recently. Pegs were good as far as we could tell, with the exception of the two that are a bit of a stretch up (felt a bit off route, but maybe not as not much else around there?) just before you reach the arête. Not sure who replaced them or when? Stu, maybe? 

OP Mark Kemball 05 Jul 2018
In reply to Tom Last:

Thanks, I'm checking with Stu.

Hi Mark, I'll be there next week so yes please to the topo. If you need any other crag shots in the area let me know what you need, and the spec you're after in terms of file size and such like and I'll do my best.

OP Mark Kemball 06 Jul 2018
In reply to Frank the Husky:

I'm away from my desktop and all the stuff until Monday - will send then, Thanks.

Marti999 Global Crag Moderator 08 Jul 2018

Hi Mark

I am hoping to while it is hot weather.

Please email me one 

Cheers Marti

Chris the Tall 08 Jul 2018

Very brave of you! I  looked up at the main cliff when I went down to do Sacre Couer, and just shuddered at the thought of climbing on it ...

Tom Last 09 Jul 2018
In reply to Chris the Tall:

The rock is very good in places and overall the cliff is way way better than Blackchurch Rock and that’s saying something as Blackchurch Rock is great   

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...