UKC

Easy Sport Climbs Trossachs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BigLob 27 Apr 2022

Does anyone know of any easy sports climbs (4/5+) in and around the Trossachs? Heading up there this weekend and might do a spot of climbing if theres anything suitable.

OP BigLob 27 Apr 2022
In reply to Cog:

Looks 'interesting'. Will be passing through Callander on Monday. May give it a look.

Matt Barker 27 Apr 2022
In reply to BigLob:

I've not been to either but there are some bolted lines at Ardvorlich on the west side of Loch Lomond which are supposed to be good and loads of routes slightly further North of the Trossachs at Glen Ogle. Think routes do start more in the 6a/6a+ territory at both crags though.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/ardvorlich-2914/

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/glen_ogle_sport_crags-395/#overvie...

JLS 27 Apr 2022
In reply to BigLob:

Probably your best bet is to drive around to Benny Beg (less than an hour). Maybe Callander would be ok but it’s hard to beat BB for convenient, low stress, easy climbing in that neck of the woods.

Benny Beg

Pina 27 Apr 2022
In reply to Matt Barker:

They'll probably be a bit of a shock for someone looking for a cruise 4+/5 day. Good fun routes on decent rock but spaced bolting.

peppermill 28 Apr 2022
In reply to Pina:

> They'll probably be a bit of a shock for someone looking for a cruise 4+/5 day. Good fun routes on decent rock but spaced bolting.

Agreed I haven't been for a few years, lovely routes in an amazing setting over Loch Lomond but felt like I needed my trad head engaged!

peppermill 28 Apr 2022
In reply to BigLob:

Not what you're asking for I know, but if you have trad gear Cambusbarron may be worth a look? HVS-ish cracks everywhere that can be laced with as much gear as you can carry.

Likely to be considerably less harrowing than easy central belt sport routes ;p

Cambusbarron West Quarry (aka Fourth Quarry)

JLS 28 Apr 2022
In reply to peppermill:

No! Just no.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...