UKC

Where's the abseil for Parle (sierra-de-Toix)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steve2006 27 Dec 2018

Parle (6a+)

On 27thDec we tried to find the abseil above Parle, can anyone tell me where they are? 

See pictures.. http://photos.app.goo.gl/DKg1WfuvJxUYGVbUA

We found Two screws but no abseiling rings.Stuck head into second small hole but still no luck!  (The big hole had a rusty missing bolt)

Any help will be appreciated, as this goes on my list for next year.

tmawer 27 Dec 2018
In reply to steve2006:

Pretty sure that's not the correct holes. I  think you may have been around 100 metres short of the right ones but no doubt someone will be able to clear this up for you. 

Tom Blake 27 Dec 2018
In reply to steve2006:

Everything is there as of a week ago when I did it! If you've any doubts that you're at the right hole, keep going; you'll know when you find it. 

Should be two bolts chained together up above the cave lip, then another two over the edge for redirecting the abseil. 

Another two bolts on the edge of the cave are for the top belay. 

All gear looks solid. 

Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 27 Dec 2018
In reply to steve2006:

Pretty sure you are 100m short there. Like the previous poster said it is slightly further along the first hole is mentions in the RF guidebook approach.

Very obvious twin hole when you find it with a nice flattening. The abseil and belay where there about 8 days ago.

Climbpsyched 27 Dec 2018
In reply to steve2006:

Keep heading along. Your picture of those two holes is short of the actual route. If you'd continued walking a few more minutes you'd of hit the actual holes bang on. The holes are not obvious until you're at them. It's a cracking adventure for the abseil alone. Enjoy! 

Climbpsyched 28 Dec 2018
In reply to Climbpsyched:

Check out my recent pic for scale of ab hole. 

OP steve2006 30 Dec 2018
In reply to Climbpsyched:

Thanks for all your help.

will be back for a future Christmas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...