UKC

Great aspirational blog with practical tips

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drconline 16 Sep 2019

Hi there.

Just a quick plug for Andy Kirkpatrick's blog and website as a great source of practical advice and aspirational stories about climbing.

https://andy-kirkpatrick.com/

The cragmanship series are very accessible and helpful.

https://andy-kirkpatrick.com/cragmanship

It's quite opinionated so there may be stuff that some folk here disagree with but I like that he's definitive about things and doesn't beat about the bush. You're not left in any doubt what he thinks!

Anyway with a look if you haven't seen them.

Dave

McHeath 16 Sep 2019
In reply to drconline:

Ann S 16 Sep 2019
In reply to drconline:

I've always enjoyed reading his stuff, but hadn't seen the cragmanship collection, so thanks for the link.

TobyA 16 Sep 2019
In reply to drconline:

> It's quite opinionated so there may be stuff that some folk here disagree with

On Instagram Andy this year has gone all a bit cuddly and non-political again after a few years of not much climbing and lots of politics/cultural criticism. Unless you have really strong views on softshells that differ from Mr Kirkpatrick - what's there to disagree with?

marsbar 16 Sep 2019
In reply to TobyA:

I haven't read anything of his since he started spouting very provocative stuff a while back. I don't know if he really believed it or not.  If he has stopped that then I might start following again.  

TobyA 16 Sep 2019
In reply to marsbar:

I had some debates with him in the insta comments, I think that is very much what he thinks. I often thought he was quite fundamentally wrong on issues, but never questioned that Andy has come to his opinions after a lot of thought, reading and experiences.

I don't know if he's just gone off posting political stuff (insta isn't a good platform if you are really interested in discussion because most people can't be arsed to type much with their thumb into a phone), or decided for professional reasons to focus on climbing/outdoors stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...