UKC

Hill Repeats

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ricketts 15 Feb 2020

Hi there! 

I live in the Basinsgtoke area in Hampshire. Can anyone recommend any decent hills for hill repeats? In or around the area?

Would be great to find  a steep hill on grass that doesn't have a busy road next to it.

Thanks in advance.

Ad

Lankyman 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Ricketts:

Apologies if this sounds like a statement of the obvious but wouldn't a copy of your local OS map be the answer? All the grassy slopes and all the nearby (or not) roads laid out clearly. They're very reasonably priced (or available from your local library which is what I use when going to an infrequently visited area). Apparently, you can also get them on that interweb thing.

Siward 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

I find Bing Maps the best map resource on t'web. All of the OS maps down to the 1:25000 scale available in full screen. 

Lankyman 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Siward:

> I find Bing Maps the best map resource on t'web. All of the OS maps down to the 1:25000 scale available in full screen. 

Call me an 'old-skool technophobic old-fashioned ostrich dinosaur-type thingy clinging to the past' but I much prefer paper maps over screens. Spreading the map out on the floor lets me see much more of the bigger picture than scrolling round a phone screen. My old cat, Lottie used to love flinging herself across the paper maps when I had them spread out on the floor too. A phone just wouldn't do it for her.

Ricketts 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

That sounds great. Didn't think if that!

Ricketts 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Siward:

Thanks will check this out!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...