UKC

North Wales Big Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I've been offered a lift to North Wales (can be dropped anywhere more or less on the way from Reading to Bangor)for a couple of days next week and was planning on doing a couple of big easy routes (upto Vdiff/severe as my partner is a newbie). I'm more interesteded in length and good scenerary than difficulty. Can anyone reccomend a couple of big routes to do?
Cheers
 IOAN D 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Southampton Tom: tryfan is a fab venue for long mountain routes e.g grooved arete (vdiff) at about 9 pitches in the book but i feel its about 6 or 7. and loads of other fab ones an the face . a good place for a long day is the idwal slabs - tennis shoe (hardsevere)
enjoy
RobE 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Southampton Tom:

Here's 1300 feet or so of climb:

Hope on Idwal slabs, then Lazarus or Javelin Gully on the Holly Tree wall above the slabs, then Groove Above or The Arete on the continuation wall. If you've still got time, scramble over to the upper cliff of Glyder Fawr and knock off Central Arete at Vdiff, or Grey Slab - an absolute corking VS.

Big mountain day out, cracking scenery.

Amphitheatre Buttress is a favourite of mine for a big day out. Clogwyn y Person Arete is another. Both are worth the walk-in.
MAC 29 Jun 2005

Lliwedd - has no short routes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...