UKC

Deer Bield Crack Reclimbed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Oct 2005
On Sunday 16th October, Mick Lovatt, Steve Wilcock and Tim Whiteley climbed a new line on Deer Bield Crag in Easedale in the Lakes. The route, Deer Bield Crack, has been graded XS and follows the central line of the buttress. This reclimbs what is left of the original Deer Bield Crack which fell down in 1997.

More info and a photo - http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Ian 19 Oct 2005
In reply to UKC News:
so what technical grade is XS then? how hard is the climbing?

looks like a nice route
 Bob 19 Oct 2005
In reply to Ian:

In reply to your questions:

It isn't

XS

Bob
 anonymous1 19 Oct 2005
In reply to Bob:

Its good to see though that big ugly (mick) can still get up such a steep hill at his age. Plus use trad gear after all these years of bolt clipping.

Perhaps the XS was used because of the ardious walk in, for a sports climber that is
 Michael Ryan 19 Oct 2005
In reply to anonymous1:
> (In reply to Bob)
>
> Its good to see though that big ugly (mick) can still get up such a steep hill at his age. Plus use trad gear after all these years of bolt clipping.
>
> Perhaps the XS was used because of the ardious walk in, for a sports climber that is

First Mick Lovatt is a beautiful man, and anyone who says, nay thinks, any different will have my wrath to deal with.

Thirdly, XS is a great grade, it means it is extremely difficult to climb, nuff said eh?

Mick
me. 19 Oct 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan: I am more than amazed that this line has just been climbed. I went up there a few weeks after the buttress fell down and realised with a bit of cleaning of loose rock the line was superb . However my climbing mates were not too keen , ...
 anonymous1 20 Oct 2005
In reply to Mick Ryan:

Yeh i suppose your right,after all, anyone who is taller than me must be good looking.

However did you have your beer googles on when coming to this conclusion !!!!!!

On the other hand he has pulled some good routes out of the bag and I read an article where the better the runner/athlete the more they sweat . So to transfer this to climbing the uglier you are the better you climb !!!
In reply to anonymous1:

Mick Lovatt has just sent us a quote to go with the news report - http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 anonymous1 20 Oct 2005
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

The XS grade always reminds me of Mick Fowler routes /chalk and loose rock and being told to shut up and stop whittering.

Oh yes and helmets.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...