UKC

Top Gear may be banned

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gil 23 May 2006
The racetrack made famous by its use in the BBC motoring show has been served with a noise abatement programme that threatens the current series of the show.

The new series of the show, currently broadcast at 8pm on Sunday evenings on BBC2, is currently being filmed without planning permission for all the noise it causes. The track, at Dunsfold Park, near Guildford in Surrey, is an old Second World War airbase, and has become the focus of a fierce row locally, with residents of the nearby Dunsfold village enraged by the noisy antics of Jeremy Clarkson and his star test driver, "The Stig".
Click here for our Top 10 Clarksonisms

The programme’s last planning permission expired on April 30th and the local Waverly Council has served a noise abatement order. "Top Gear" is not the only user of the track, which is also used to host track days and similar events. The airfield also contains a giant "dummy" jet airliner that can be used for fire evacuation training. The local council is investigating reports that the owners of the site regularly allows events that are in breach of planning regulations.

superfurrymonkey 23 May 2006
In reply to gil: Hurrah!!
Hotbad Peteel 23 May 2006
In reply to gil:
> Click here for our Top 10 Clarksonisms

link doesnt work
p
 Jason Kirk 23 May 2006
In reply to gil:

Is there an an address for those twunt's. I can feel the urge to write an abusive letter.
 ebygomm 23 May 2006
In reply to gil: it's unlikely it's going to affect the current series. It takes a while for a council to issue enforcement proceedings
OP gil 23 May 2006
In reply to Jason Kirk: try http:...

in reply to: hotbad

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/tgbanmay06/

what about that one
Carpe Diem 23 May 2006
In reply to Jason Kirk:

I thought the whole " lets make a boat out of a car" thing on sunday was a bit lame.

normally i love everything they do, and although it did have its comic moments,i got the feeling the show didn't have enough top new cars to fill the programme with.

Whole thing seemed a bit wet ( no pun)

hardon 23 May 2006
In reply to gil:

Anything that gets Jeremy Clarkson and that pile of W@nk of my TV is OK by me...
 Billy the fish 23 May 2006
In reply to hardon: try that little button at the bottom of the screen marked on / off
 KeithWakeley 23 May 2006
In reply to hardon:

No one makes you watch! There are plenty of other channels.

I personally hate Big Brother, so guess what, I don't watch it. It's not that hard now is it?

K.
 willhunt 23 May 2006
In reply to gil: Nooooo. I love Top Gear
Father Faff 23 May 2006
In reply to willhunt:

I sneakily like Top Gear and even Mr Clarkson for all his reactionary views but really should we be encouraging such irresponsible stuff - when the planet is being suffocated by motor cars (among other things) and kills lots of people should we really be glorifying them? Unfortunately we'll probably have to grow up soon....which is a big shame.
 KeithW 23 May 2006
In reply to gil:

Clarkson shot up in my estimation when he took the custard pie in the face with good grace.
 JDDD 24 May 2006
In reply to Carpe Diem:

> normally i love everything they do, and although it did have its comic moments,i got the feeling the show didn't have enough top new cars to fill the programme with.

I have to agree. The programme before the last one had them doing a radio show! What has that got to do with cars? Top Gear seems to have turned from a magazine programme about cars into a stunt show with an excessive budget. It does pee me off when you see thousands of pounds worth of cars being recked. I'll have em if they don't want em!
random gary 24 May 2006
In reply to all non believers: its a show, by grown up kids for grown up kids!
if its too loud then your too old.
if i was the complainers in here i would climb into bed and wait for the cold to put me outta my missery

Cheers Gazza
Removed User 24 May 2006
In reply to gil:
I wasn't aware that noise came under any "planning regulations".
The Control of Noise at Work Regs (2005) came into force on the 6th April this year, anything to do with that rather than planning regs?
Or is this a case of NIMBYism?
I mean, buy a house by a diused airfiels that has a race track on it, what did they expect to happen?? Duurrrr.
 JDDD 24 May 2006
In reply to Removed User:

> I mean, buy a house by a diused airfiels that has a race track on it, what did they expect to happen?? Duurrrr.

Unless the race track came into use after you bought the house! Durrrrr!
 ebygomm 24 May 2006
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed Usergil)
> I wasn't aware that noise came under any "planning regulations".

The airfield needs planning permission to be used as a race track, noise would be considered in the granting of that permission. From the sounds of it it had a temporary permission which has now expired, and a new planning permission needs to be sought. All they need to do is put in a new planning permission (it doesn't matter whether it's granted or not, but the council can't enforce anything if there is a planning permission in the system)
Removed User 24 May 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman:
fair nuff
 jazzyjackson 24 May 2006
In reply to gil:
Thats great news.
Clarkson is a cocky arrogant baldy wanker. Maybe they should finish the series by driving over him in a Hummer.
 BrianT 24 May 2006
In reply to gil: Why have a whole series about bloody cars anyway? Dull. You might as well have one about dishwashers.
 hutchm 24 May 2006
In reply to BrianT:
> (In reply to gil) Why have a whole series about bloody cars anyway? Dull. You might as well have one about dishwashers.

You could call it 'Top Shelf' and have features on the best ways to arrange large pans to maximise the load. And reviews of rinse aid fragrances.

You heard it here first!
 JDDD 24 May 2006
In reply to hutchm:
>
> You could call it 'Top Shelf' and have features on the best ways to arrange large pans to maximise the load. And reviews of rinse aid fragrances.

Well that is how the series would start. But after a number of years, the budget would increase and you would start having features about how far you could throw Dishwashers. Whether a dishwasher could with stand being stood on top of a demolished building and whether it is possible to convert a dishwasher into an aeroplane.
 Tyler 24 May 2006
In reply to BrianT:

Why have a program about anything? When you you've thought of an answer to that just apply the same to your original question.
 darren-surrey 24 May 2006
In reply to gil:

I am not a fan of Big Brother so I don't watch that channel. Easy enough, Top Gear haters.
 Beaver 24 May 2006
In reply to gil: I'd have Clarkson for Prime Minister if I could!!
 Phil Lyon 24 May 2006
I bet it was noisier when it was a world war 2 airfield
 Richard 24 May 2006
In reply to random gary:

> if its too loud then your too old.

Please excuse me while I blow a foghorn in your ear.

Annoying? Eh, you're just too old.
 Cragdog al 24 May 2006
In reply to gil: that council is a bunch of whinging tits, get over it, or, turn the music up louder, or, move.
yeah if you dont like top gear dont watch it, i think clarkson is quality he tells it like it is, and voices his opinion whats bad about that.
banned profile 74 24 May 2006
In reply to gil: think its well funny that they are trying to ban cars when im sure that the planes that used to use it were a fair bit noisier.

rich
 SebCa 24 May 2006
In reply to gil: "he once said the Suzuki Wagon R should be avoided like "unprotected sex with an Ethiopian transvestite"

Fantastic

the man is a leg end!
In reply to superfurrymonke and hardon:

I know a good website for you two... www.go-f*ck-yourselves.com
In reply to jazzyjackson:
> (In reply to gil)
> Thats great news.
> Clarkson is a cocky arrogant baldy wanker.

And you are Scottish.

Oh and very opinionated.
 zoobizooretta 24 May 2006
In reply to gil:

I know they're doing the SONY Polar challenge next year. 416miles over frozen sea, to the magnetic northpole.
They're doing a man against machine race. As they'll have to go miles out of their way to stay on good ice.
I doubt they can stop as the engine will freeze at -35c

www.polar-challenge.com

my money is on the men, but top gear will no doubt rig it so they win, by about 5 minutes.
Dr.Strangeglove 24 May 2006
In reply to zoobizooretta:
as they did versus leo and that marathon runner?
oh
banned profile 74 24 May 2006
In reply to Dr.Strangeglove: and the mountain biker

top gear is the perfect end to the week for me and i laughed like fook at the car boat thing,thought it was one of the funnies bits ever.

clarkson is an arrogant balding wanker but hes a funny arrogant balding wanker who more people like that the you!!!

rich
random gary 25 May 2006
In reply to Richard:
> (In reply to random gary)
>
> [...]
>
> Please excuse me while I blow a foghorn in your ear.
>
> Annoying? Eh, you're just too old.

Geek!
 Richard 25 May 2006
In reply to random gary:

> Geek!

Is that an insult?

</confused>
 hamsforlegs 25 May 2006
In reply to Dr.Strangeglove:

Didn't they make it look like Leo and Tim whipped Clarkson's sagging rear? I seem to remember the climbers being given a lot of respect on the show.

In response to other posts, I think it's a bit odd that people are saying that 'non believers' are somehow old or geeky. Surely Clarkson is the epitomy of the sad, middle-aged, penis-substitute obsessed loser? Still very entertaining at times though!

If the BBC doesn't have proper permission for its activities, then the council is right to enforce. I'm sure that the correct procedures can pretty easily be followed to allow filming to continue. It's just a matter of doing things properly/professionally really.

Mark
 hamsforlegs 25 May 2006
In reply to amanonaspeedingbike:

I meant 'epitome', obviously.
random gary 25 May 2006
In reply to Richard: but richard you didnt really blow a foghorn in my ear did you? hence it being a geeky kinna thing to say!
hope that clears it up

Geek!
hardon 25 May 2006
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

You should check out: www.lickmynobberwhilebarkinglikeclarkson.net

I think you'll like it...
random gary 25 May 2006
In reply to hardon: that link dosnt work mate
daveguilfoyle 25 May 2006
> (In reply to gil)
> Clarkson is a cocky arrogant baldy wanker. Maybe they should finish the series by driving over him in a Hummer.

yes he is but i bet you wouldn't have the balls to go on TV and do they stuff would and as i belive is said before if you don't like it turn it off and watch somithinkg else. Are you realy that sad to watch it everyweek and then complain its crap???
i mean you wudn't watch teletubbys and then complain its not intelgent enough, would you?
him beeing a 'cocky arrogant baldy wanker' is what makes him and the show funny!

personaly if you hadn't noticed i LOVE the show and think its de best thing thats happend to the BBC!!!!!!!
 jazzyjackson 25 May 2006
In reply to daveguilfoyle:
> (In reply to jazzyjackson)
> [...]
>
> yes he is but i bet you wouldn't have the balls to go on TV and do they stuff would and as i belive is said before if you don't like it turn it off and watch somithinkg else.
----
Your admiration is touching and I take it all back. Clarkson is a brave hero.
Its not my kind of show but I suppose theres plenty room on TV for more mindless crap. hes just an easy target and deep down I'm prob jealous of his style and fitness.
> (In reply to daveguilfoyle)
> [...]
> ----
> Your admiration is touching and I take it all back. Clarkson is a brave hero.
> hes just an easy target and deep down I'm prob jealous of his style and fitness.

ok i said he was funny not fit and he isnt reali a brave hero i just think he is realy funny and i mean who else could think up some of the quite bazar things they do?
 jazzyjackson 25 May 2006
Fair point, just being silly. Its been a long day stuck in the office bored shitless.
Its true that nobody else could get funding to realise such stupid things.
i no the being bored feeling, its the only problem with working at a climbing centre on a nice fairly warm ish week day!!!! (yes we do acctualy get them in england)
hardon 25 May 2006

This 'turn it off' arguement is bollocks. You have a right to complain when the grossly inflated budget for a show (most of which probably goes to the king of self rightous nobheads, Clarkson) is coming out of yer own pocket. I resent my license fee being spent this way that's all...
hardon 25 May 2006
In reply to hardon:

It's just like you car loving, Jeremy Clarkson stroking, penis -substituting tarmac warriors probably resent your taxes being spent on cycle paths and the like...
Knitted Simian 25 May 2006
In reply to hardon:

After you have complained, ask the Beeb how much of your licence fee is recouped in the sale of TG to other networks.
banned profile 74 25 May 2006
In reply to hardon:
> (In reply to hardon)
>
> It's just like you car loving, Jeremy Clarkson stroking, penis -substituting tarmac warriors probably resent your taxes being spent on cycle paths and the like...

i do resent cycle lanes yes.why should they get a priority piece of road when they pay no direct road tax for it!!

rich

graeme jackson 26 May 2006
In reply to beastofackworth:
>
> i do resent cycle lanes yes.why should they get a priority piece of road when they pay no direct road tax for it!!

Neither do drivers. It's called Vehicle excise duty.
 anonymous1 26 May 2006
In reply to gil:

they can always use the race trck near on Anglesy and do a route or to at Rhoscollen/Gogarth the same time
Anonymous 26 May 2006
In reply to hardon:

It's on because it is BBC2's top-rated show.

It's on because it makes BBC an absolute fortune in foreign market sales.

If you don't like it, don't watch. If there aren't enough viewers to justify the budget, it will be cut...
banned profile 74 26 May 2006
In reply to graeme jackson:
> (In reply to beastofackworth)
> [...]
>
> Neither do drivers. It's called Vehicle excise duty.

you know what i meant.

rich

daveguilfoyle 26 May 2006
In reply to hardon:
> This 'turn it off' arguement is bollocks. You have a right to complain when the grossly inflated budget for a show.
I resent my license fee being spent this way that's all...

ok well i personly don't pay for tv lisence as i am still livin with my parents and well to be honist do you realy think complaining on here is gona change anythink..coz trust me it isn't if you got a caomplaint make it to the BBC and see what they do with it.

and cycle lanes are good and the reason we should get our own piroity is coz we don't pollute the world with fumes coz we don't make any. and we don't get fat sitting in cars all day. and its good exersice and a good warm up if you on the way to you'r local wall!!

Cragdog al 27 May 2006
In reply to hardon: your tv tax isnt going towards toop gear, yours is for the telly tubbies mate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...