UKC

Is there a Climbing wall near High Wycombe ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Terry 12 Jul 2002
I will be staying in Lane End in High Wycombe over the next 2 weeks with work and was interested in finding out if there were any decent climbing walls nearby that I may be able to visit on weekday evenings perhaps. I'll be on my own so good bouldering is probably of more interest. Or is there even any outdoor stuff around these parts ?
North East Nick 12 Jul 2002
In reply to Terry: Try sticking a postcode into:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/walls/index.html

High Wycombe isn't listed - i've checked
OP Terry 12 Jul 2002
In reply to North East Nick: Yeah I've sort of tried but my geography of the area is piss poor so I figured that it would be easier to ask the kind people of Rocktalk if they had any suggestions - If not then I will have to go 5 clear days without any climbing action - I think I'm scared I'll lose my strength if I don't go at least every 2 days !
Stefan Lloyd 12 Jul 2002
In reply to Terry: Nearest I can think of is at Amersham.
OP Terry 12 Jul 2002
In reply to Stefan Lloyd:My knowledge of the area is crap - any idea of how far away it is ?
rich 12 Jul 2002
In reply to Terry: 7 miles, you on a course at lane end?
OP Terry 12 Jul 2002
In reply to rich: Yes I am staying at Lane End Training place from this Sunday for two weeks(going home at weekend).
I guess 7 miles is not too bad - I'll have to borrow someones car as I'll be flying down.
In reply to North East Nick: you can stick town names into the walls search, as well as postcodes. So "list all walls within 25 miles of High Wycombe" works fine.

Cheers
North East Nick 13 Jul 2002
In reply to Nick Smith: Yeah, sorry I forgot about the rangefinder and was just sticking the town name in the other box! Duh....

Cheers,

Nick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...