UKC

NEWS: Extreme Rock Reprint Rumour - the Wilson Legacy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 07 Dec 2007
Ken Wilson hasn't responded to our requests for information yet, but the Outdoor Writers and Photographer's Guild in their latest newsletter are announcing that Ken and his publishing company, Baton Wicks are reprinting the third in the Hard Rock Series, Extreme Rock, with that beautiful Ed Grindley cover showing Dave Cuthbertson on Just a Little Tease (E5) in Glen Nevis.

Extreme Rock is a companion volume to Hard Rock and Classic Rock. It covers harder routes - from E1 to E9 and......

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Ropeboy 07 Dec 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC:

Yeah, a mate of mine said he'd heard something similar from somewhere else too, interesting.

J
 Enty 07 Dec 2007

Great news. I think the cover is great but the new Extreme Rock should have a different photo.
I'll start another thread.

The Ent
 Colin Moody 07 Dec 2007
I spoke to Mr Wilson this week (he was asking about Ardgour) and I asked about Hard Rock and Extreme Rock. He said Extreme rock did not sell well and would not be worth a remake, he didn't mention a reprint.
 hutchm 07 Dec 2007
In reply to Colin Moody:

Extreme Rock would take a lot more effort to update compared with Classic Rock, I would have thought - a fair few routes are in there because they were the "state of the art" in terms of difficulty, and that standard has moved on.
 beegsyboy 07 Dec 2007

In the new edition of Classic Rock it lists Ken's other books, next to Extreme Rock it mentions a reprint (some kind of photo-something?? copy, I guess some way of reprinting without the plates?)
 Skyfall 07 Dec 2007
In reply to beegsyboy:

yes i was wonderng if it would be a copy of some form.
OP Michael Ryan 07 Dec 2007
In reply to beegsyboy:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC)
>
> In the new edition of Classic Rock it lists Ken's other books, next to Extreme Rock it mentions a reprint (some kind of photo-something?? copy, I guess some way of reprinting without the plates?)

facsimile?

OP Michael Ryan 07 Dec 2007

Word just in from Ken Wilson.

"I am hoping to do it but have nothing settled yet. It will have to be a
facsimile reprint."
--
Ken Wilson
SI A 07 Dec 2007

someone should do a modern one. with ken doing a nice preface.

nial grimes maybe. he seems to be quite lyrical.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...