UKC

NEWS: Parry and Buys battle it out for Reservoir Dogs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 21 Feb 2008
Perfect gritstone conditions and a recent photograph of Grit-master John Dunne in Climb Magazine inspired Gaz Parry and Jordan Buys to grab repeats of Reservoir Dogs (E8 7a) at Widdop.

These are the first repeats since the route lost a 'crucial' pebble a few years ago. Reservoir Dogs features hard, technical and bold climbing on one of the finest aretes on Gritstone.

Alastair Lee of Posing Productions was on hand to take excellent photographs and video footage.

Read More (with photo's): http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Oli 21 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: Good effort, looks like an absolutely stunning line.
 Lemony 21 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: Good efforts! It's an amazing line, Widdop Wall next?
 Jon Read 21 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor:
Pretty sure that Robin Barker said he never used the pebble anyway on the FA. Still, must be a pleasing tick!
(marktomlinson) 21 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor:

FFS how is this a 'battle'?
Removed User 21 Feb 2008
In reply to (marktomlinson):

FFS - They were both trying it at the same time.
 orge 21 Feb 2008
Went bouldering at Widdop for the first time last summer. I didn't have a guide to the main crag, so had no idea what routes were on it. However, this arete was so striking I just had to have a wander up there and check it out. It truly looked futuristic and I was actually quite surprised when I found out it had "only" gone at E8!?

Great to hear that this route has had more attention. Fine effort lads!

J

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...