UKC

Where are you going for Easter? Inspire me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The sharp end 06 Mar 2008
Cant decide what to do!!!!

Any suggestions?

trad/sport/bouldering...opne to all suggestions but would prefer Europe destination..esp since am so late in booking anything!

KeithW 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end:

Skiing & ski mountaineering around Chamonix.
 Tony the Blade 06 Mar 2008

Come round to my house, I've got to fit a new kitchen while Mrs. Blade is in India! The quicker I can finish the sooner I can climb.

Actually this thread has given me an idea... new thread coming up.
 leewam121 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: Sunny Langdale... I'm on a budget.
 Caralynh 06 Mar 2008

Currently, Aviemore.
However if it starts looking like nothing will be in nick, then I'll relocate to Pembroke.

FONT!!!!! First trip, sooooo excited!!!

*bounce bounce bounce*
 Paul Atkinson 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: just before - ski mountaineering around Arolla

Easter - mate's wedding in Lakes, occupying parents' house as they disappear for long weekend

shortly thereafter - Ariege

aye, it's a hard life being forced to use up your leftover leave
 climbingpixie 06 Mar 2008

Hoping to go to the Galloway sea-cliffs, weather permitting of course! However, if it looks like it's going to piss down for the long weekend then I think maybe south Wales would be a better idea. I'm very excited though because wherever I am I'll be on a sea-cliff! Plus I only found out recently that it's where they filmed most of The Wicker Man - the hole Edward Woodwood climbed out of is actually at a crag there!!!
Scibby 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: Malta! Should be sunny and warm. Easy to get around island, quite cheap too. (Though flights are prob expensive now...)
Bingly Bong 06 Mar 2008
In reply to Ava Adore: Don't forget the goose fat...
In reply to Bingly Bong:
> (In reply to Ava Adore) Don't forget the goose fat...

Already ordered vast quantities.

South Africa!

Going on their international meet and heading off tomorrow - bring it on!
 drunken monkey 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: I'm going to the Gulf, but I certainly wouldnt recommend it!
OP The sharp end 06 Mar 2008
In reply to drunken monkey:

the gulf sounds interesting and so does south africa

have a great time to all!

any more suggestions!
 earlsdonwhu 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: On ski...Lyngen Alps, Norway. Hope I am up to it!!
 BOOGA 06 Mar 2008
Bunch of us off to ARCO at lake Garda, Italy. Limestone sports routes and fit Italian chicks !
 Toby S 06 Mar 2008

I'm going to Devon to play on some of the Dartmoor tors.
 abr1966 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: I had an amazing week on Islay recently....well worth a trip and quite a magical place....came back very very chilled!

patagonia... flying out on saturday. only one more day at work...

gregor
 James Oswald 06 Mar 2008
Font on a coaching course!!!
 Ed Booth 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: Hi Sharp End. I have the perfect venue. Lots of sport ticking up at this crag called Dinbren. You may have heard of its. That's where i'll be. Come and join Hope your all well and enjoyed your first trip away to rome. Will be very jealous if you get aborad again See you soon. Boothy
 icnoble 06 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: I am working on the Satureday and my wife is working on easter monday, so I am praying the weather will be good enough to climb on Easter day
 Banned User 77 06 Mar 2008

Easter Saturday Ras Yr Aran, 11 mile fell race
Easter Sunday. All dayer, super Sunday, go out in the peak with my mates watch football and drink. Good old lads day out on the pop arguing about football.
 PTatts 06 Mar 2008
Smith Rock, Oregan, USA. The birthplace of american sport climbing and some amazing trad to match. Cannot complain!!
 Busby 06 Mar 2008
WEst Highland Way, quick and light (hopefully).
loulou 06 Mar 2008
I am canoeing in scotland- bring it on!
 Will Hunt 06 Mar 2008
Clipping bolts in Spain for 3 and a bit weeks. Trip sponsored by The Student Loans Company.
geeze 07 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: why not try some where new,we have all you need and more.www.havefuninthesun.co.uk. its cheap easy to get to and fab weather all year round.
 JR 07 Mar 2008
In reply to Different Steve:

see you there
 Alex Roddie 07 Mar 2008
I'm going to Ben Nevis for some (hopefully) cold and snowy climbing ... hurrah!
 JLS 07 Mar 2008

Have you considered Dumbarton Rock in Scotland?

The widest range of climbing anywhere in the world (Diff-E11). Guaranteed 11 hours a day sunshine and pleasant (18-20deg) temperatures right through March. After you've spent hours of happy climbing on the most skin friendly rock you'll ever climb on you'll be able to sun bath on the beach with a picnic of fruit picked off nearby trees and perhaps a free sample bottle of the local wine. Idle away a couple of hours watching the antics of the seals and penguins before pulling a salmon from the shallows for your tea. If you’re lucky you might spot a pod of killer whales passing by just off shore. No need to book accommodation, just bivi in one of the caves which all have drinking water on tap and clean chemical loos.

The castle is also worth a visit and a rest day diversion might be to kayak over to Greenock for an excellent fish super and can of Irn Bru.

I'm always on hand for beta and coaching if you feel you’re not getting the most out of this superb venue.
 JPGR 07 Mar 2008
In reply to The sharp end: Antalya, Turkey. Can't wait
 pencilled in 07 Mar 2008

Tropical Cornwall seems to be a good bet. Pembroke may still be cold.
To_Boldly_Go 07 Mar 2008

The annual trip to Font to start the year off in style !!
OP The sharp end 07 Mar 2008
In reply to JLS

jls you brought a smile to my face!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...