UKC

Good outdoor shop in Leeds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Slarti B 09 Jan 2009
I will be in Leeds at weekend and fancy a bit of equipment shopping. Any suggestions for decent outdoor shops? I have found Ultimate Outdoors, any others worth looking at?

Apart from general browsing am looking for soft shell jacket and some warm winter wear.
 Kevin Bowser 09 Jan 2009
In reply to Slarti B: Mountain Intelligence and Nevisport
 Tonyfryer 09 Jan 2009
In reply to Slarti B:

ultimate outdoors in leeds isn't worth the space on the high street. It is an "outlet" store which roughly translates as rubbish that no-one else likes at prices that are no better than anywhere else.

North face? Or other places mentioned - apart from Ultimate outdoors.

In reply to Tonyfryer:
> (In reply to Slarti B)
>
> ultimate outdoors in leeds isn't worth the space on the high street.

Ultimate Outdoors appeared to be shutting down last week, not that it had an enormous range of stuff. As far as I know, Mountain Intelligence is the only worthwhile place in the city (google some directions if you haven't been before - it's on North Street, just over the inner ring road - 5 minutes walk from the main shopping area). The Leeds Wall shop is probably the next nearest place.
In reply to Slarti B:

Also, if you are only after clothing the Blacks in the Thornton's arcade (off Brigate, opposite Borders) may be worth a look too.
 Kevin Bowser 09 Jan 2009
In reply to Tonyfryer:
> (In reply to Slarti B)
>
> ultimate outdoors in leeds isn't worth the space on the high street. It is an "outlet" store which roughly translates as rubbish that no-one else likes at prices that are no better than anywhere else.

I disagree - got some rock boots in there for £35 less than everywhere else a few weeks ago. A few climbing friends have also got some bargains from them. They just seem to only have a small range

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...